Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Both keyfobs lost connection?

So this morning on my way to work, car unlocked and started fine. I saw my cars temperature was in Celsius, not Fahrenheit, and thought that was odd. Also, noticed the airbag light was on. I thought I'll just restart my car when I get to work and hopefully everything resets. When I pushed off, it took a while for the car to turn off, longer than usual lol. After that, car seemed to be 'dead'. Wouldn't start or power locks. Lights worked, battery not dead. Retrieved my second key from home, that didn't work. My car is sitting at the dealer now, hopefully it's an easy fix. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? My car is an '18 with 2800 miles, so a bit uneasy that I'm already experiencing issues with the new technology.

So this morning on my way to work, car unlocked and started fine. I saw my cars temperature was in Celsius, not Fahrenheit, and thought that was odd. Also, noticed the airbag light was on. I thought I'll just restart my car when I get to work and hopefully everything resets. When I pushed off, it took a while for the car to turn off, longer than usual lol. After that, car seemed to be 'dead'. Wouldn't start or power locks. Lights worked, battery not dead. Retrieved my second key from home, that didn't work. My car is sitting at the dealer now, hopefully it's an easy fix. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? My car is an '18 with 2800 miles, so a bit uneasy that I'm already experiencing issues with the new technology.
That's very odd

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

The test of a battery is not "the lights work".. the test is to honk the horn. .. sounds to me like a weak battery. . ..having to take longer than usual to start --not firing right away --- is a sign... probably used up what was left of the charge. .. (I recently had to replace my battery after similar circumstances.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
The test of a battery is not "the lights work".. the test is to honk the horn. .. sounds to me like a weak battery. . ..having to take longer than usual to start --not firing right away --- is a sign... probably used up what was left of the charge. .. (I recently had to replace my battery after similar circumstances.
tried jumping it with a battery pack. also nothing on either of the keyfobs functioned.

Yea that's weird.. I have replaced both my key fob batteries once in 4 years from brand new that's the only issue I have had, mine is a 2014 ST3.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

UPDATE: they're replacing either the bcm or pcm
Or they're reflashing one of them. They did that to my BCM after similar symptoms. And it's been fine since. (2018 with 3100 miles; electronic gremlins briefly visitee at about 2000 ,iles.)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Temperature and airbag (among other things) are under the control of the Body Control Module. Such issues are typically power or ground related. Batteries are often run low or dead at the dealership... and things get a little wonky when someone attempts to incorrectly jump the vehicle on a flat battery.

As a test to confirm a permanent fix, I'd disconnect the battery overnight. If it's a programming glitch, the reflash should do it though.