Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh the joys of ca smog
5 Likes

Member 309 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    But it is one of the nicest and safer places to live in the U.S.A. let alone ca,
    That's only because they don't count HOA's ;)

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clit_Beastwood View Post
    Got pulled over today for a roadside “compliance check”, justification being that he heard my blowoff valve. He said my exhaust is fine since I left everything pre-cat alone and he liked the sound and it’s really quiet for no muffler. He looked for other mods and started to take issue with the hose left dangling from the symposer delete. I showed him that it ran to the passenger compartment, explained what the symposer is and that it makes the car sound like cruisin’ USA and he agreed it’s unlikely an emissions component runs into the passenger compartment. I was let go after being told that it’s very unlikely an Injen intake came with a CARB sticker and that I should sell it out-of-state. It was an overall positive experience, I asked questions about his bike and so on, but it’s very annoying how many extremely modified cars are around but yet another officer pulls me over for my mostly-stock FiST. It’s frustrating how aggressive they’re getting about car modifications in CA. I never get pulled over in some of my higher value vehicles, just the freaking FiST - probably because everyone thinks the driver is going to be a kid.
    They presume that you're not a man of means.

If they see that you are, they'll leave you alone. You're not the target.

If they see that you are not, they will pile on the misery. ACAB
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post

If they see that you are not, they will pile on the misery.
    Are you suggesting Fiestas are for poors?

I deal with that crap on the daily. None of the guys at work believe me when i tell them i drive a Ford Fiesta and not some mangly truck.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's why North Carolina is great and I live out in the country I can do whatever I want basically. I would never live in a HOA ever.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Magnetic 2017 Fiesta ST

Fswerks catback exhaust.
    ST200 airbox.
    Turbosmart EM BOV Dual Port VR2.
    Whoosh brand Hi-Flo hot side intercooler pipe

Senior Member 421 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clit_Beastwood View Post
    It’s just annoying - I medically can’t ride motorcycles anymore so I bought a small fun car to hoon around as my daily. The fun noises and crackles are what make being stuck in a cage bearable. They’ve stepped up enforcement hard lately. I preordered a 2j intake that I should be getting soon and I don’t know if I’ll even bother installing it. Might just swap to a veloster N or something that at least makes me giggle stock. The FiST is a fine car but it sounds like a Dustbuster stock. I have fast toys, I just wanted something silly and fun.

Backstory - I get pulled over every few weeks for this shit, I’m just nearing the end of my patience.
    Got cited for no front plate three times in a single year. Like roughly 3 out of ten vehicles here, I don't have one... and still don't. Fugg'em. It's what's known as "selective enforcement". College campus security guard murdered someone... oh, sorry... "killed"... oh sorry, "defended himself" because he drove off after being told he was being stopped for not having a front plate.

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post

If they see that you are not, they will pile on the misery. ACAB
    Bingo. There's a local highway exit where you'd regularly see a cop hiding under the overpass behind a pillar... the proverbial bridge troll. One day the city started seriously discussing shutting down their entrance/exit ramp. I noticed around that very same time, they disappeared from that bridge; never to be seen again after regularly seeing them there for at least several years. Fast forward a few years later and the dept was busted up over some criminal behavior. What I really suspect happened is, they pulled over the "wrong" person... someone with means, influence.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12