Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racers360

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
After seeing this example, I'm planning to send these guys a video of my next track day; here's a link to their website as well: https://racers360.com/l/one-lap-analysis.html
Or, you can hire a personal coach for an hour. Who can be in the car with you rather than look at some awkwardly filmed "lap" through a windshield and a high vantage point cutting the field of view.

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Or, you can hire a personal coach for an hour. Who can be in the car with you rather than look at some awkwardly filmed "lap" through a windshield and a high vantage point cutting the field of view.
True, but I typically don't run laps with another ~200lbs in the passenger seat [wink] Your point about field of view makes sense, but I think it depends on the track and the camera; e.g., at Thunderhill West with a GoPro, I think turn 8 is the only "blind" curve.

To each his own [cheers]

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
True, but I typically don't run laps with another ~200lbs in the passenger seat [wink] Your point about field of view makes sense, but I think it depends on the track and the camera; e.g., at Thunderhill West with a GoPro, I think turn 8 is the only "blind" curve.

To each his own [cheers]
Well, I’d recommend that you try an instructor. He will point out what you may be doing wrong - I.e., collapsed vision (something that no video analysis would be able to do), how abruptly you come off the brakes, etc. THAT would allow you to drive faster, so you can post better times when he is not in the car. Honestly, if you think that 200 lbs is what’s standing between you and the fastest lap, you must be so good that you don’t need the “analysis” that - by design - would only focus on the line and nothing else.