Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ap not connecting/not found with the ap manager on my pc

ROCKYFiestta

hello anybody run into this situation? I connected my ap to my new pc (worked on my mac laptop before) but now it does not find it no matter how many times you reconnect or change usb ports. hopefully my ap didn't break or something.[V]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #2
I used the one that came with the unit from cobb and its not working I will try my kindle tablet cable next [sadpanda]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #4
I will go to the store and buy a brand new high quality cable hope it will work I sent cobb an email. I even tried reinstalling the software on my pc and mac and neither worked [B)][xx(][unbelieveable][8]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #5
well I tried everything I could so far I tried 4 diff cables I had at home I even tried my old tried and true NES og 80s cartridge trick (aka blowing into the unit lol) [unsurelaugh]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #6
so far I tried it on my gaming pc Alienware I tried it on all 12 usb ports even the blue colored ones and nothing. so I went back to my old mac laptop where it worked before and now it doesn't work either. [sad][?|] worse case I will mail it to cobb if I have to and have them give it a go.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #7
I tried everything on their website so far I even turned off my firewall and even added the allow the ap manager through firewall as they recommended but still the same results. so weird that it will power up but not connect no matter what I tried, it on 3 different computers as well 2 pc windows 8 windows 10 and on mac osx as well and same results. I will be definitely call them in person Monday to see what else can be done. [sadpanda][?|]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #9
yeah the unit will power on to all the computers I tried but it wont connect to the ap manager/ it will not find it

I don't know how to change the drivers I already tried reinstalling the ap manager off their website but that didn't work and I followed their flow chart in regards to allowing the program through the firewall and other security measures.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #10
wondering if this is the cause of the problem

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

its on the INTEL(R) Serial IO I2C host controller-a2e1

PCI bus 0, device 21, function 1

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #11
ok after removing the ap from the pc the above error cleared and now I am showing no errors in my control panel leading me to believe you are correct about the drivers on my computer.[:(!]

Hopefully your AP is uninstalled from your car. If it is installed, your OEM tune is stored on it and if it must be replaced you will lose the OEM tune, unless you have it backed up somewhere in addition to your AP.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #13
I backed it up on my pc but It ended up being the cable itself Jason @ dizzy suggested I get a new cable that can transfer data and that worked out thanks everybody for the help and input [party][party][raceflag]