Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anybody install the 7 psi wastegate

ROCKYFiestta

I did this a couple months ago for Dizzy’s E40 tune. The only thing I remember doing from under the car was taking out one of the heat shield bolts. I believe I may have read it’s not necessary, but I removed the wiper cowl to have plenty of room. It was my first time removing the heat shield, and it is a bit of a pain. I definitely bent it a lot while wiggling it out. The actuator itself is a piece of cake. I used some of the stock hardware as it seemed to fit better than what came with the actuator.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #3
so you definitely recommend taking off the cowl for more room overhead?? do you test your mixture as well often that is the only other concern I have with going e30/40 route. aside the heatshield was there anything else that was difficult or is this something I can get done in a day??

thanks I really appreciate the info it is helping me push toward this. [biggrin][rockon]

The cowl was fairly easy to remove, so I’m glad I did it for the room. You’ll have to look at it yourself to see if there is room for you without doing it.

I have a flex fuel setup in a BRZ so I know what my local station puts out. I just use an ethanol calculator and fill in the blanks to get approximately 40% for the FiST. I’ll definitely be installing Dizzy’s ethanol display when it comes out.

I don’t recall anything else that was too hard about the job, but if you’ve tried enough mods like I have you know that one little thing can cause a big headache sometime. Good luck!

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #5
well said much appreciated I will be trying it then when the weather gets a little better not having a garage sux lol.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #6
one last thing did you install the e40 map before you installed the wg or right after??

also are you still able to use non e40 map such as your 91 or 93 oct map on that wg or will it go kaput?[scratch]

I did the install and then did a custom 93 tune for the WGA, and then the e40 tune. I’d imagine there might be some issues with any tune not made for that actuator. I’d be curious how much the ECU could compensate, and how much danger there could actually be though.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #8
I will take your advice and route and get the maps ahead of time so they are loaded on the ap and I will switch to them as soon as I complete the install

thanks a bunch [pray][pray][like] your are the [grinking]

I rarely even take my own advice, so use it at your own peril! Good on you doing some research and going for it!