Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strange boost issue - During WOT pull, peaks at 20, then drops to 15, and repeats. Car has a secondary DV also, why?

I bought a Fiesta FT over the weekend with mods from someone that bought it from an auction to flip, so I'm not sure what's going on with the mods. I'm having to track them down.

Anyway, the car has upgraded intercooler, exhaust, and wastegate, but what puzzles me is the added diverter valve. I haven't checked to see if the OEM DV is still installed, but the one in the photo is also installed. Any idea why and who makes it?

Also, why at WOT would the car reach peak boost and drop then peak again? I don't think it's a boost leak, but I could be wrong. I had a Focus ST with a hole in a boost hose and it never cycled on peak boost it just maintained a lower peak. Thanks

Attachments

green_henry

1000 Post Club
That's a Mountune symposer delete plug. Shouldn't be an issue as long as the plugs for the fittings were sealed correctly (can't tell from the photo)

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! You guys rock! Now how about the funky boost?

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #6
Here's a quick video of the boost oscillation.

[video=youtube;_q9pKH_CV3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9pKH_CV3s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Hmmm, I wonder if the Wastegate has been properly adjusted. Search the forum for "Wastegate adjustment", a specific thread should pop up. You will most likely have to dive in and check it out. Don't take my word for it, but definitely check

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
grip grip
Thread Starter #8
Hmmm, I wonder if the Wastegate has been properly adjusted. Search the forum for "Wastegate adjustment", a specific thread should pop up. You will most likely have to dive in and check it out. Don't take my word for it, but definitely check

Thanks. After a few tries each way (loosened too much, and then didn't tighten back up enough) with the Wastegate rod it's much better. Obviously building boost slower now, but it's not surging up top as much now.

You may not have a proper tune for the Wastegate, previous owner may have just slapped it on thinking it would be fine. Continue to check if the Wastegate is pre-loaded properly, and that the main nut is secured properly as well. Post up a day, some of the members could mull it over with you?

CSM

1000 Post Club
OEM Wastegate is known for part throttle surging but not at WOT...thats almost certainly a rod adjustment issue. Also do you know what tune you are running? Some of the surging can be cured via tuning per my tuner (Dizzy)