Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clicking behind speedometer/gauge cluster

As the title suggests, I recently just noticed a clicking behind the gauge cluster/speedometer. I can't find any real pattern to it aside from it clicking when shifting or taking foot off the accelerator (it's typically just one or two clicks each time). It won't do it when the car is stationary (in gear or not). It's not coming from the blend door. Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
how are you sure it's not the door blend actuator?
Because it's still occuring with the air turned off, and it's not coming from the dash piece in front of the shifter...it's coming from directly behind my gauge cluster.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
you know a video of it would go a long way. also the door blend isn't located behind the ac controls
Haven't been able to reproduce it yet. I turned the car off and back on and it stopped. It wasn't the repetitive clicking on startup that most people see with the blend door. I'm aware it's not located behind the AC controls, but that panel next to it and the steering column is where the blend door sound typically comes from, and that's not where the sound I'm hearing is coming from.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Turn your windshield wipers on with the engine not running, hear the relay clicking? Does it sound similar? It could be a mechanical relay.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Turn your windshield wipers on with the engine not running, hear the relay clicking? Does it sound similar? It could be a mechanical relay.
I do get that relay sound when I turn my wipers on and when I turn my seat heater on, but this sound is different (a little louder maybe?).

Mine makes some clicking noises from behind the cluster too, been that way for 40K+ miles.
No adverse operation noted as of yet

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Mine makes some clicking noises from behind the cluster too, been that way for 40K+ miles.
No adverse operation noted as of yet
Good to know. I can't seem to recreate the sound. Hasn't come back since I turned the car off.