Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H Street setup help

I'm new to this platform and I'm 2 weeks away from autox season opener I need some help/advise for H Street setup.

my H street setup plan

16x7 4x108 rpf1 with 205/45/16 re71
drop in filter
cat back exhaust
koni yellow

I was looking for ots koni yellow's but can't find them for (Front) '18 ST does anyone have the part#? I found the rear koni's at tirerack Part# 8040-1419SPORT

I'm not sure if there is any changes on '18-'19ST front suspension structure if not ots konis that works on '13-'17 should work on '18-'19 as well. Thanks in advance.

I would run it with the stock ones one time just to see before putting money into it..... The voice of hard learned experience.....

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I would run it with the stock ones one time just to see before putting money into it..... The voice of hard learned experience.....

Great advice. I ran like 3 years on the stocks. Last year ran off the shelf konis. This year trying a custom valved and degassed set. The stock ones worked well enough imo. I’d rock them till have good amount seat time in it so when and if do switch you have original base line on handling.

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
I was able to codrove a friend stock ST and I really like that way it handles but lots of body roll, that's the reason why i bought one and decided to fully prep it for HS.

I know it's gonna different coming from FRS STX prepped and ND1 STR prepped then going back to street class.

Great advice. I ran like 3 years on the stocks. Last year ran off the shelf konis. This year trying a custom valved and degassed set. The stock ones worked well enough imo. I’d rock them till have good amount seat time in it so when and if do switch you have original base line on handling.
Care to share on where to get the custom valved and degassed konis?

I see that you're from WI my guess you run with fvscc? I havent had a chance to run with fvscc I might go up this year since MilwaukeeSCCA lost the site at miller park

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I was able to codrove a friend stock ST and I really like that way it handles but lots of body roll, that's the reason why i bought one and decided to fully prep it for HS.

I know it's gonna different coming from FRS STX prepped and ND1 STR prepped then going back to street class.

Care to share on where to get the custom valved and degassed konis?

I see that you're from WI my guess you run with fvscc? I havent had a chance to run with fvscc I might go up this year since MilwaukeeSCCA lost the site at miller park

Sweet. I purchased them from a guy on here. They were done by pro parts if remember correctly. I do run with FVSCC for most part. I suspect many will hit up more events with them this year for the miller park reason. Are you gonna do the 2 day event the first week of May in the Dells? Great parking lot and tons of fun. Hope to see you around.

I ran Bilstein B6s front/ Koni yellows last season because Bilstein was out of stock for the rears. I finally got the rear B6s on after the end of the season and preferred that setup a lot more during spirited driving than the Konis in the rear, even after repeated fiddling with the settings. That being said, I'm a relatively new autocrosser and definitely not a suspension engineer.
I had used the Bilsteins in the front because Koni didn't offer an ST- specific front strut- they would have been my first choice because I was pretty happy with my Yellows when I was campaigning my WRX with them.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
One thing I’d add to anyone’s list is upgraded fluid. I cooked mine few times on faster layouts and when co driving my car. I have tried hawk hps 5.0 pads and hated them compared to stock.

OP
N
Thread Starter #11
have the konis but didnt have a chance to install them before the 1st event.

current mod : drop in filter with just wheel and tires. end up 1st in HS and 6th in PAX

Last edited:

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Nice. [rockon]

You should try and make it out to Noah’s ark in Wisconsin Dells the first weekend in May. It’s a two day event and all money raised from it goes to a great cause. Will be few fist there for sure in hs.

OP
N
Thread Starter #13
Hey @Plainrt it was nice meeting you guys it was a good event.

1st event with new setup 5/4/19 [Drop in filter, Koni's, wheel and tires] and still playing with tire pressure
after watching my video I slowed down too much in 5 different sections of the course that cost me a lot of time.
end up 2nd on HS 49.376 with scratch time of 48.855

2nd event 5/5/19 [same setup]
1st on HS and 4th on PAX

need advise on a few stuff
* tire pressure
* brake pads
* catback exhaust

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thanks guy. It was also nice to meet you and really hope can meet up at another event. I had a horrible first half of day pulling a noob mistake on all 3 runs. I really thought you had me up till trophy hand out. I can’t think of part number off top of my head for the performance pads but I’d try those. I was running around 35 front and 38 rear psi on my re71rs. Your driving looked really smooth. Now I gotta look back at vid of my hack driving. Wish you were there on sunday. We got smoked in hs by a guy cheating in an Audi A3. I guess it’s ok to go wider rims so can fit more tire now in street classes :(

OP
N
Thread Starter #15
event #4
5/12/19

it was a cold day in Chitown yesterday high 50's
I didn't drove well very sloppy

OP
N
Thread Starter #17
front : half turn from full soft
rear : half turn from full firm

Tire pressure
front : 37psi
rear : 38psi

I think I was just over driving the car ... I havent had an autox event with 80s or higher degree temp

tbh, I've been doing autox in my fiesta, with duralast max brake pads, still on the oem bridgestones. And it's fantastic fun. I get the shocks help a little, but idk, I think in stock form this car is perfect for autox.