Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta MP215 from Finland

Hi! So I've introduced this grocery getter earlier but I thought I'd make a proper topic.

It's a 2013 3dr Fiesta ST with a MP215-package. It's done about 45000 miles now and so far I've actually just driven it.

A week ago I gave it a service and fetched a 2-year MOT pass at the same trip.

Some minor modifications are the stubby antenna, red-tinted taillights and the rear wiper has been removed. I also made a GTI-look red lining around the front grille.

I got a tab + Torque-app waiting, just need the tablet holder from Ebay. Going to place it on the left side of the dash

Since spring is just around the corner I'm aching for more mods so some funny things are happening:

- I've ordered a Cobra 2,5" resonated cat back today

- A full Eggenberger Ford Sierra- replica Texaco-themed wrap/decaling is on it's way.

- Tony

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! I'm really excited about the exhaust system. I'm also going to do the symposer delete, because it's just an utterly stupid design.

My worst headache is the wheels. I'd really need some motorsport-versions to go with the Texaco-theme but can't find any here. I'd did call a company about Bola B12 but they haven't replied.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NICE!

Is that planned Texaco livery wrap from one of the touring car versions, or one of the Group A rally cars?

What is your winter wheel/tire setup?

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #6
It's the touring car version. The sponsor-decals will also be the same as on the Sierras.

Winter tires are 195/55R16 on a 7" wheel. 205/55R16 wouldn't fit even it's a marginal difference on paper.

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #7
So having a week off work and I have some time to play with the car.

I think I'll put the tab here. It just a bit wobbly.

I'd like it more here where it's also firm, but the chinese couldn't build me a $6 tabholder which would perfectly sit on my dash.

By the way does anyone have some fact about a feature; When you press the clutch, you can clearly here that the rpm:s rise a bit, I confirmed it with some numbers, when idling in neutral it's around 750rpm and
when the clutch is pressed, it rises to just above 800rpm. Has this something to do with hill start assist, or maybe the Mountune-software? I do work at the local Ford dealership but the mechanics weren't sure.

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #9
Today was the day.

Sound symposer delete + induction hose upgrade

Cobra sports 2,5" resonated cat back fitted. This will take some time to get used to. Atleast it doesn't humm at highway speeds, but the acceleration sound is kinda nasty in a good way.

Last weekend found wind deflectors for $15 -> also chaned summer tires while the car was lifted up. I decided that it ain't gonna snow anymore.

#sendnudes.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
By the way does anyone have some fact about a feature; When you press the clutch, you can clearly here that the rpm:s rise a bit, I confirmed it with some numbers, when idling in neutral it's around 750rpm and
when the clutch is pressed, it rises to just above 800rpm. Has this something to do with hill start assist, or maybe the Mountune-software? I do work at the local Ford dealership but the mechanics weren't sure.
When the car is in neutral with the clutch engaged you're spinning 1/2 of the gearbox (or something like that). When you push the clutch in you stop spinning that part of the gearbox. The 50 RPM difference is caused by the torque required to spin the gearbox.

How fast is the update on the app? Is the tach. usable?

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #11
Okay thanks for the info. Was just wondering.

The tach is digital and seems to keep up. The boost cauge sucks a bit, it changes the unit from Bar to Psi by it's own so the info is pretty useless while driving.

I tink I'll get the Pro-version from Google store.

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #12
Hi! Okay I've now driven about 1100km with the current mods. I'm loving the car even more.

Now I've started to pay attention to the clunking sound when shifting from 1:st to 2:nd gear. It's really annoying.

Those who have upgraded the rear engine mount, I'd have a question about the increased NVH, is it bad?

I mean the exhaust itself has a very humming and low tone so I'm just wondering how much worse the car could get with an engine mount?

1558513865618.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi! Okay I've now driven about 1100km with the current mods. I'm loving the car even more.

Now I've started to pay attention to the clunking sound when shifting from 1:st to 2:nd gear. It's really annoying.

Those who have upgraded the rear engine mount, I'd have a question about the increased NVH, is it bad?

I mean the exhaust itself has a very humming and low tone so I'm just wondering how much worse the car could get with an engine mount?

View attachment 20488
No its fine...the cobb mount if you are gonna buy it isn't a super hard Durometer rated bushing .....But It will firm up your shifts and get rid of the clunk! There are a lot of Rear Motor Mounts out there BTW. The mount also breaks in over time as I've told Others....you must be patient. I own a Boomba RMM its been in at least 50k now and its been great....no squeaks or rattles since install! You can go wrong with any of the mounts just get a lower Durometer rated Bushing like a 70 and I think you'll be happy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ive always wanted a Cobra or Scorpion exhaust....I think they sound great! Ended up with a Thermal R & D which is fantastic I might add....But I'm jelly you have that exhaust...take some action vids to show us what it sounds like!

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #15
Thank you sir! I think I'll spend a few more coins and get a decent one, instead of the cheap one. Yeah I'd need to shoot a video of the of the sound this car makes. There was also some really nice induction sound increase, with the air intake pipe.

OP
FinnishFist
Thread Starter #17
Hi guys! Haven't really been around since..well, I haven't done anything to the Fiesta, but driven it.

Since the oncoming summer is a big question mark for us all, I decided that atleast I want to drive around in the BTCC-replica.

The layout was made in Inkscape. We made the sides as a one big sticker so the sponsor decals would align nicely.

Even though I kept my head in making it as accurate as possible, to a 1988 Ford Sierra RS500-Eggenberger-replica, some compromises had to be made on the front and rear bumper.

I'll spam better pics soon when I go out for a photoshoot.

Next on the list:
- Find some motorsport-wheels. Either 17" or 16"
- Full red tinted rear lights
- Maybe yellow foglight tint + Sparco tow strap.

Future plans are also a front lip + side skirt extensions.

1586312566050.png 1586312644664.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those Bola B12s you wanted would look great, but didn't the touring car/BTCC Cossies/Sierras/RS500s of that era use those BBS 'basket mesh' centerlocks?? (OF COURSE you are not going to convert to centerlocks just to remain authentic to a look/livery theme! LOL [wink])
The 10 year later Mondeo BTCC teams used either 5 spoke Dymag, or a 5 spoke Compomotive/Team Dynamics style wheels, or a 'disc' style like those Bolas.

ANY BBS mesh style wheel is almost impossible to find for our platform, so that may be a no go anyway. [:(]

Don't know how it is in Finland but here in the USA that wrap would have the highway police following you just waiting for a chance to cite you for going over the limit.

I have the Cobb rear motor mount and it does increase the NVH a bit at idle. Not enough to be annoying but enough that you can notice it. I suspect that the solution would be to increase the idle speed by 50-75 rpm but it's so mild I say why bother.

For your new wheels and tires I would suggest going to 16 inch wheels. They make the ride much better and with the right tires won't have much impact on the handling at all. IMO super low profile tires are a stupid fad that can't go away quickly enough. BTW, I am running 205/50R16 tires on my FiST and if I can locate some really light 16x7 rims I would consider putting together a summer only set with 215/45R16 tires. BTW, 16X7's bulge the sidewalls enough to provide some protection for the rim.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I do signs and wraps, so just a terminology thing. That's not a wrap. It's cut vinyl decals. Or you could call them graphics. But not a wrap.