Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keeping my FIST- Planned Mods Order/CEL Risk

I have decided to keep my FIST and most likely sell my 2018 Mustang GT. With that being said I am proceeding with mods. I already have a MBRP CAT back, so going to do the Cobb App tune, drop in filter, Catted Down Pipe and larger intercooler. I was going to buy everything and install at the same time. I am very skilled at mechanical work and plan on installing these myself at home in my garage. Should I install one item at a time and run the car first, make sure there are no issues or CEL before I go to the next one or do all at once? Is there a high risk of CEL with these mods? Will the Cobb App tell me the CEL or do I also need an ODB2 reader?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The Cobb Accessport fills some of the role of a OBD2 reader but I is always a good idea to have one. Chances are, doing all the installs at once will not be a problem. If something does go wrong however, it does increase the difficulty of finding what went wrong. I would just do it all at once. Do note that a downpipe is a pain in the butt and you may want to split it apart from the intercooler install unless you can be without the car for a while.

ROCKYFiestta

dp and exhaust are pretty pointless mods unless you are going big turbo. probably where you will encounter the cel is with the dp unless u get that little adaptor but not everybody seems to get the cel

dp and exhaust are pretty pointless mods unless you are going big turbo. probably where you will encounter the cel is with the dp unless u get that little adaptor but not everybody seems to get the cel
While this is true of the new dp, you definitely can change the exhaust note with an exhaust, as you know since you already have the MBRP catback. You might wish to save yourself some time and money and skip the dp unless and until you change the turbo.

ROCKYFiestta

agreed I would def get the I/C over the dp and since u got the exhaust no point in losing money there and put it in butt dyno matters too [dictate]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
No cel on dp install if at least an ots stg 3 tune is on. Without an ap you for sure will get 1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Q
Thread Starter #7
Good to know, I will most likely skip the DP and get the Cobb APP, intake and intercooler then. The DP looked like a pain to install anyway. It will save me money too. I am interested in a good, fun daily driver so no track or suspension mods. I am quite satisfied with the handling, just need a little more pep off the line. The car has been great and is my favorite of all of my current fleet. Looking forward to the mods.

In getting the Cobb I see that I can get one from Stratified already with the Stratified tune on it. I read so many great things about the Stratified tune but they are in Canada and I am concerned about the lead time and ordering from another country. Should I go with this option or just get the Cobb App first?