Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member 666 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    But what also runs through the center section of the Turbo? Coolant....so it's a possibility when it failed....it got some coolant into the exhaust or it got in during install or removal.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Good point.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

Senior Member 418 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrixsrv View Post
    I mean, the car was fine before I found out the turbo I bought had a bad seal. So I put the stock back in and oil and smoke is still spewing out of the exhaust. I didnt think a turbo swap would cause a gasket issue no?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    From your comments, we can guess that the turbo was swapped out under suspicion for being the source of oil and smoke out of the exhaust.

What was your method for determining that the source of the leak was the turbo versus the engine? *Zero* residue in the exhaust headers, upwind of the turbo?
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12