Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Impefection still exists after having repainted under warranty

When I first bought my car new a couple months ago, there was a blotch on the roof in the paint work. I had the roof repainted under warranty, but while waxing my car this week, I noticed it was still present, just much smaller. I took it back to the body shop they claim they can just wet sand it and buff it out. To me, that just seems like putting a band-aid over it and trying to blend in messed up paint. I really would like advice if anyone thinks the same as I'm not paint expert. should I be more assertive that I want the whole roof repainted or is wetsanding a good fix? It is a tiny spot but then again it is a brand new car with 3,000 miles. The problem wasn't fixed the first time after repainting the entire roof. I'm also worried that not fixing it correctly, my roof might look horrible over time because I live in sunny Florida and it's a black car.

I couldn't get the onsite image hosting to work so here it is. Pic 1 is before repaint, the later pictures are after repaint.

https://imgur.com/a/USDQL1p

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
In my opinion, if it's not something that would degrade over time, I wouldn't bother stressing over it.
Are you sure they repainted the roof and not just "repaired" that spot? I can't understand how a repaint would have the same error (albeit smaller) in the same spot....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Two things come to mind 1. Our cars are painted in Water Base , you cannot wet sand water base paint as far as I know.
2. The spot may have arisen originally due to improper primer coat application, if so unlesss they took it all the way down they may not have corrected the original issue completely. Few paint shops these days do absolutely great work, in fact even reputable ones have a harder time with the whole enviromental Water base paint most manufacturers have switched too.
Paint is one of those things were you really get what you pay for and its not imexpensive anymore.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I couldn't see anything in the pictures. And, you may want to start warming up to the idea of your car getting dings and chips over time. Otherwise, you're guaranteed to not have a good time. It's not a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO. Just enjoy the car, don't obsess - it's one of the advantages of owning an inexpensive car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk