Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

breather oil cap

ROCKYFiestta

anybody using this on their car. would love some feedback did you have issues or will it help out the car especially for those that don't have catch can?? again any feedback or opinions welcome- sensitive kids [limp]need not reply.

what it says in the product description.

(now makes it easy to vent the crankcase on your 2014+ Fiesta ST with our new billet valve cover baffled breather kit. This kit is a direct replacement for your factory oil fill cap and allows unwanted crankcase pressure to exit, This breather is the ONLY one in the market which incorporates a check ball to keep unmetered air from coming through while the crankcase is under vacuum. In other words, this breather acts just like a factory oil cap under normal driving conditions and when you get into boost it will release any crankcase pressure present.

The proprietary internal baffle keeps oil particles away from the breather element. The filter element is washable and has a variety of top finishes for great looks. Although this kit was designed for use in racing applications, it works and looks great in any engine compartment.)

was thinking about using this with the a catchcan like in the picture below.

Attachments

I got one on my car.

Their advertising isn't 100% accurate, a small amount of oil does make it through.

But, That being said, it's because the ball value is open under heavy boost. It's clear to me that more air is leaving from the breather than the PCV.

And I'm thinking my engine is inhaling less oil because of it.

I'd say why not!

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #3
sweet thanks I think I will get one after all ,

is the little filter on it cleanable with the cobb cleaning kit?? just wondering [like]

anticon

I have the breather cap and the Damond VTA catchcan. I just emptied the catch can after five thousand miles and got a couple ounces of oil probably. I really have no idea if it does much. I got it used for a good price. I mean the premise makes sense, but it kind of depends on what you think about the crankcase pcv system in general.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have both, albeit the sealed (NOT VTA) Damond catch can without the filter on top.

Probably the max one can do, save for adding in 4 port auxiliary injection, water/meth injection, (or walnut shell blasting every 50K miles) to keep your intake valves somewhat clean.