Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1st and 2nd Gear Acting Up

I got a 2015 fiesta ST and just recently if I start up a hill from a stop when I'm in 1st after I let off the clutch it'll make a sound like it's grinding for a few seconds but it doesn't pop out of gear or act like it wants to, and then when I go to 2nd it'll do the same thing but the other gears are fine. I've had it for a year and it's never done anything like this and I'm not a big mechanic guru so I'm just wondering if I should start saving for a new trans now or not 😂

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I got a 2015 fiesta ST and just recently if I start up a hill from a stop when I'm in 1st after I let off the clutch it'll make a sound like it's grinding for a few seconds but it doesn't pop out of gear or act like it wants to, and then when I go to 2nd it'll do the same thing but the other gears are fine. I've had it for a year and it's never done anything like this and I'm not a big mechanic guru so I'm just wondering if I should start saving for a new trans now or not 😂
I’d change the trans fluid first and make sure it’s filled properly with a high quality fluid. They’re sometimes under filled from the factory. How many miles on the car?

I notice I need to do gearbox oil changes about every 12 months but I seem to be needing them more often now as I'm driving a lot further to and from work... I go by feel.. The gears start to get more and more notchy and so that's when I do an oil change.. Oil is always a lot cheaper than having to replace a gearbox or an engine...

The 5000km engine oil and filter changes come around so fast too.. hope you got your problem sorted.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

I notice I need to do gearbox oil changes about every 12 months but I seem to be needing them more often now as I'm driving a lot further to and from work...

I go by feel.. The gears start to get more and more notchy and so that's when I do an oil change.. Oil is always a lot cheaper than having to replace a gearbox or an engine...

The 5000km engine oil and filter changes come around so fast too now..

hope you got your problem sorted.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk