Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1st Time at Streets of Willow; Firestone Indy 500 tire PSI??

I'm heading to Streets of Willow this weekend and was thinking about what tire pressure to run.. I was thinking of 30 in the front and 32 in the rear and seeing how much it raises once the tires get warm after a few laps... any thoughts?

I've got firestone Indy 500's (340AA) and was curious to know if anyone has hit the track with these tires. If so, what was your cold PSI for the front and rear and what was the hot PSI you ran after running after a few laps?

Thanks in advance for any information!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
With a stock suspension and relatively cool temperatures, I'd think you'd be fine with higher pressure in front and lower in the rear -- stock settings should be a good starting point. I'd run at normal pressures to begin with and then adjust as necessary. If you're going to experiment with lower pressures, make sure you can increase the tire pressure if necessary (I have a Viair pump from tirerack that's very handy)

OP
Joshyfresh6953
Thread Starter #5
With a stock suspension and relatively cool temperatures, I'd think you'd be fine with higher pressure in front and lower in the rear -- stock settings should be a good starting point. I'd run at normal pressures to begin with and then adjust as necessary. If you're going to experiment with lower pressures, make sure you can increase the tire pressure if necessary (I have a Viair pump from tirerack that's very handy)
thanks, yeah, i've got a portable air pump, note pad to record PSI before and immediately after each secession along with a laser temp gun