Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opinions on Turbo for a 2017 w\ COBB Stage 3 already installed

Hey guys,

Looking for input on Turbo packages for a 2017 with COBB Stage 3 already installed.

I emailed Stratified but they are sold out of their PUMASPEED turbos at the moment and suggested Garrett Gen2 GTX2860.

I've read a lot of the forums already and still can't decide what I would want to do.

The car is a daily driver with a mix of back roads, city, and freeway.

I'm hopeful to have some discussion here.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What are your power goals? How much money do you wanna spend? Do you want stock like spool or something that comes on alittle later but never quits and has room to grow if you would like too? There are Super deals to be had on the Forum here if you are willing to wait and watch like a hawk instead of paying retail. When the Deal shows its head you must be Ready to pounce with money in hand. It's how I got more than Half of my Performance parts....some were Brand new in the box still in the plastic. Oh....yeah do you have all the Supporting mods also? Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] does have a nice little setup and one thing that is nice.....He is Stateside if you encounter a probelm....you can talk directly to him. Tim I think its Tim....dont quote me there @ pwnallperformance is also a good choice with him being a pumaspeed vendor now also. So pick your poison!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OneFord
Thread Starter #4
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION]
What are your power goals?

I think I would be happy around 290-300HP on 93 pump if possible. I might consider e30 in the future but I don’t have the most convenient option on my typical drive routes so I might hold off on that until I get bored.

How much money do you wanna spend?

I was mentally preparing myself to spend between 2k-3k for a turbo upgrade and a pro-tune. If I could manage an exhaust manifold upgrade in there I would highly consider it unless someone talked me out of it.

Do you want stock like spool or something that comes on a little later but never quits and has room to grow if you would like too?

This is where it’s hard because I understand the compromise. I don’t want to too much lag on spool time from stock as I love the spunky nature of the FiST, but at the same time I do want to feel the torque pull when mid-gear getting deep into the throttle\WOT.

I sold my 02 Camaro that I had for 14 years and worked on pretty extensively to fund the family pool last year. I'll be FiSTing it for a few years so I'm trying to find that "woooaahhh" feeling again. The FiST is a blast but I need some more balls even if they are 1.6l sized balls.

There are Super deals to be had on the Forum here if you are willing to wait and watch like a hawk instead of paying retail. When the Deal shows its head you must be Ready to pounce with money in hand.

I just am not sure I have the time or diligence to keep refreshing my screen for deals. Also I’m not sure a used turbo makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh....yeah do you have all the Supporting mods also?

Can you elaborate?

Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]does have a nice little setup and one thing that is nice.....He is Stateside if you encounter a problem....you can talk directly to him.

Yes, he posted this and I’m liking what I see.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...fiesta-st-1-6l

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION]
What are your power goals?

I think I would be happy around 290-300HP on 93 pump if possible. I might consider e30 in the future but I don’t have the most convenient option on my typical drive routes so I might hold off on that until I get bored.

How much money do you wanna spend?

I was mentally preparing myself to spend between 2k-3k for a turbo upgrade and a pro-tune. If I could manage an exhaust manifold upgrade in there I would highly consider it unless someone talked me out of it.

Do you want stock like spool or something that comes on a little later but never quits and has room to grow if you would like too?

This is where it’s hard because I understand the compromise. I don’t want to too much lag on spool time from stock as I love the spunky nature of the FiST, but at the same time I do want to feel the torque pull when mid-gear getting deep into the throttle\WOT.

I sold my 02 Camaro that I had for 14 years and worked on pretty extensively to fund the family pool last year. I'll be FiSTing it for a few years so I'm trying to find that "woooaahhh" feeling again. The FiST is a blast but I need some more balls even if they are 1.6l sized balls.

There are Super deals to be had on the Forum here if you are willing to wait and watch like a hawk instead of paying retail. When the Deal shows its head you must be Ready to pounce with money in hand.

I just am not sure I have the time or diligence to keep refreshing my screen for deals. Also I’m not sure a used turbo makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh....yeah do you have all the Supporting mods also?

Can you elaborate?

Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION]does have a nice little setup and one thing that is nice.....He is Stateside if you encounter a problem....you can talk directly to him.

Yes, he posted this and I’m liking what I see.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...fiesta-st-1-6l
I wish I was closer....I'd let you roll my car currently.. Just to see what's it like without Aux. Fuel...then when it is to show what its like on AUX. Fuel....Yet...hehe...its sitting in a box in my basement. Those Number are very achievable BTW. Just ask yourself if you want room to grow....I originally had a gt2554 and sold it due to wanting to most likely grow....then a smoking deal for a Gen2 GTX2860r came up.....brand new in the box never Installed. If you would like to chat PM me and I'll give you my number and we can chat...its to much for me to type on my Tele on tapatalk...it would take me 15 mins of talking to explain it all.

Thanks A-dizzle

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey guys,

Looking for input on Turbo packages for a 2017 with COBB Stage 3 already installed.

I emailed Stratified but they are sold out of their PUMASPEED turbos at the moment and suggested Garrett Gen2 GTX2860.

I've read a lot of the forums already and still can't decide what I would want to do.

The car is a daily driver with a mix of back roads, city, and freeway.

I'm hopeful to have some discussion here.
Hey there :)

We are the authorized pumaspeed dealer for the USA and sell tons of the x47r turbos.

[video=youtube;kowmkyeE0Pw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowmkyeE0Pw[/video]

X47R link: http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-ST-Pumaspeed-X-47R-Turbocharger_p_12.html

We also hold the hybrid usa record on our project car 12.51@113.04. Shoot us an email if you have any questions sales@pwnallperformance.com