Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LTFT frozen, can't access/reset KAM memory.

Hi everyone, not quite sure if this the is best place for this, but I figure all the self tuner people should have a good idea of whats is going on with my car.

Car:2015 Fiesta St (Australian/Euro spec)
Backstory: Car has has Mountune MP215 tune since 2 months from new.
Recently install MR230 kit and have been having all sorts of problems.

Car has knock retard and audible knock after shifting up gears at high load/RPM (like accelerating WOT from 1st gear, changing to 2nd at red line and continuing to accelerate at WOT, the car will knock as soon as you try to accelerate after the gear change into 2nd.) It wont knock with in gear WOT pulls though...

Changing spark plugs fixed the issue temporarily, but I noticed they fouled up quickly and the knock is back.

I have noticed that the LTFT are behaving strangely, if I cruise at 2000rpm, the LTFT is -7 but the STFT will constantly be around +0 to +3 to keep the commanded AFR, the LTFT never adjusts, it just stays locked at the same value. (it does change as per the throttle/load table, but these values are also constant and wont adjust based on the averages of the STFT and AFR, its like the table can be read, but not adjusted)

I have the Mountune (COBB) AP, and it can reset the ECU fine, but it can't reset the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) memory, it just says "can not detect ECU, make sure the ignition is on" it's like the KAM memory is corrupt or in some kind of "read only" mode.

All parts are installed as per the requirements of the MR230 tune, due to intake, cam timing and exhaust changes, a KAM reset would make sense to since that will make large changes to the airflow and fuel requirements. I think the car might be stuck on the previous learned values and wont adjust to the new setup.

For the record, I have attempted to reset the KAM by disconnecting the battery leads and shorting them to drain residual charge for 24 hour, this did not make a difference, LTFT were still identical. I'm pretty sure the KAM is non volatile memory anyway, so I don't think removing the battery would help. Does anyone know a way to reset the KAM without the AP or a dealer scan tool? (Went to the dealer, they told me its $170 to even look at it, yay)

Any Help would be kindly appreciated.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion Laser, I've tried this too :(. Although only for about an hour... I'm tempted to unplug the thing for a week to see what happens.
Does anyone know if the KAM is volatile memory in this Bosch ECU?