Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune or Revo

ChrisC80

I'll have my fiST 2019 next week. Someone has experience with Mountune or Revo. Pros and Cons are welcome. Thx

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Which REVO? If it was me id roll with a Mountune MRX or Whoosh hybrid Turbo if your not wanting to go BT. There are threads dedicated to both if you wanna read about it yourself. [party] Just use El Search button!

Im with Revo, costs less for more power,

was stage one for 20k now ive gone RT330

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I gotta admit there is a x37 local thats listed for $800 kinda tempting,

There is a guy here Slopoke with the s242 Revo which is actually a solid turbo but he wants good money for it. My friend Danny runs one and his cad hauls ass. Lol They were not cheap new.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The RT330 is a poorly designed turbo, stay far far away. Every single one has wide-open-throttle compressor surge between 3500-4500 RPM which will destroy the unit over time due to a design flaw.

Not quite accurate, its a Turbo technics turbo as per the S242 that you lot over the pond seem to love,

RT330 on the Revo software is absolutly fine, Revo have commented on the noise essentially the noise isnt surging its the prevention of surging but the bangwagon has now been created

It’s not surge it’s how the boost is controlled. If the Throttle body opens and closes at a very fast rate to stop over boost then you may see surging issues. This happens at around 3-4k rpm which is when your running peak boost. (https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/revo-rt330-surge.19698/ )

Which is something I can only assume the US tuners (that turned up the Boost even further) failed to control correctly, Other than this "issue" in the US, I have seen/heard of no issues with this turbo in the UK running the Revo Software,

I gotta admit there is a x37 local thats listed for $800 kinda tempting,

There is a guy here Slopoke with the s242 Revo which is actually a solid turbo but he wants good money for it. My friend Danny runs one and his cad hauls ass. Lol They were not cheap new.
That X37 is no longer available. It went for $750 shipped. Sorry :)

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'll have my fiST 2019 next week. Someone has experience with Mountune or Revo. Pros and Cons are welcome. Thx

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
we have a great selection of turbo kits to suit your needs
the whoosh hybrid, Turbo Technics S280, and many other big turbo kits

The S280 for us in the USA has replaced the revo RT330. Very close turbo in size but there is a different compressor cover that does not surge. We are testing it on one of the whoosh shop cars and so far it builds boost quick and makes no noises other than sounding like a jet which is pretty damn cool

Let me know if I can help with any questions

-Ron

we have a great selection of turbo kits to suit your needs
the whoosh hybrid, Turbo Technics S280, and many other big turbo kits

The S280 for us in the USA has replaced the revo RT330. Very close turbo in size but there is a different compressor cover that does not surge. We are testing it on one of the whoosh shop cars and so far it builds boost quick and makes no noises other than sounding like a jet which is pretty damn cool

Let me know if I can help with any questions

-Ron
Can we use a GoFastBits Diverter Valve on the S280? Or would I have to go with a TurboSmart?

Mike