Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy tune and Launch control?? Help

Hey guys. So I've looked on the Cobb website and asked Jason about how to activate and set launch control. However even when pinning it to my set parameters. It still does not activate launch control. Yes I am holding the clutch . And yes I've tried putting it in first gear...

Why can't I get it to work?? I'm so frustrated.... Help me please.

anticon

Hey guys. So I've looked on the Cobb website and asked Jason about how to activate and set launch control. However even when pinning it to my set parameters. It still does not activate launch control. Yes I am holding the clutch . And yes I've tried putting it in first gear...

Why can't I get it to work?? I'm so frustrated.... Help me please.
Is your cruise control off? I assume you have the actual tune loaded and the launch control enabled.

I probably can't provide much input, but I just tried it a bunch of times this last weekend and it works. I just had it in 1st gear and the clutch all the way in, and then pressed the gas down as fast as I could and sure enough it went to 3k or so and just sat there. I dropped the clutch and off I went. It was awesome! I haven't tried any flat foot shifting yet though.

When trying to activate LC, as mentioned above make sure your cruise control is turned off, and also make sure that you're actually flooring the gas pedal. If you're at 75%, 85%, 99% throttle, it won't work.
(I thought) I had an issue with the same thing when I got my Dizzy tune, turns out it was just me being dumb and not actually flooring the gas pedal.
Just my $0.02, not calling you dumb in any manner :)

Had the same issue.

You literally have to go flat foot and have not used cruise control.

I still haven't figured out "burnout mode" however :p

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is your cruise control off? I assume you have the actual tune loaded and the launch control enabled.

I probably can't provide much input, but I just tried it a bunch of times this last weekend and it works. I just had it in 1st gear and the clutch all the way in, and then pressed the gas down as fast as I could and sure enough it went to 3k or so and just sat there. I dropped the clutch and off I went. It was awesome! I haven't tried any flat foot shifting yet though.
Wow, seriously? I tried that before anything else once I got my AP. It's far less abusive on your car than launching, I'm sure you know how it works, but it REALLY helps in making passes...

But as far as Dizzy LC, yes, it's different than most, on other tunes you don't have to floor, I believe... but I don't like to launch with so much torque being tuned anyway, it's just REALLY hard on the car, a slight roll-out before accelerating is obviously much easier on the car. But I should try it again with Dizzy and see how it works!