Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 Induction hose solution

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share with you all a project I've been working on recently. I own a 2016 Fiesta ST USDM spec and for an intake I am running the euro ST200 intake. As most of you know that intake include a fresh air induction hose that you can route wherever to gain fresh air. After running the hose just tucked up under the driver side headlight I figured there had to be a more elegant solution to the problem. My answer to the problem was to design and 3D print a replacement for the factory fog light. This is a direct replacement for the fog light using the same mounting points and requiring no modification to the body of the car and accepts the induction hose. The design utilizes a 70mm LED ring and plugs in to the factory fog light harness. The passenger side is just a blank that accepts the LED ring so there is symmetry between the two side. Overall I am happy with the results and was a fun project for the weekends.

Software used:
Fusion 360
Simplify3D

Printer used:
FlashForge creator pro
1.75mm ABS filament

LED rings:
70mm diameter
Purchased from superbrightleds.com

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
One question ....How much?!?!? I've been saying this all along. That someone needed to design a functioning assembly for the hose and somehow incorporate the lights into them. You may have a schmorgesbourg on your hands of people who may want them and I'm the first one in line if you do. Really interested....like super interested. PM and I'll buy some.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Very good design.
However, I agree with [MENTION=9002]anticon[/MENTION] and they would be best used as brake cooling ducts.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who needs fog lights anyways? Fackem! Or run Cyclops/ one fog.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the feed back guys! Whats nice about the design you can use it for air intake or brake ducts. I've played around with a few other designs that could integrate both, but with the location of the windscreen wash fluid its a very tight fit. As far as manufacturing them for sale I still have to do a bit more optimization with the prints to cut down on print time because as of right now for both pieces its over 20 hours in print time. I will definitely work on that over the next week and get back to you guys with some numbers.

thanks again for the support!

anticon

It's too bad you can't make a mount that would fit some standard ABS plumbing fittings that I could pickup from home depot. Or could you...?

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
It's too bad you can't make a mount that would fit some standard ABS plumbing fittings that I could pickup from home depot. Or could you...?
With 3D printing anything is possible...well most anything. All I would need to know is the inner or outer dimensions of the fittings depending on how you would like it to fit together. I had a few early versions of this that were just straight through, but for my application it was just tight of a bend for the hose to fit properly. Here are a few pictures of the early versions without the LED ring. The one on the right in the pictures I actually ran on my car for over a year to see how it would hold up.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Great work! I'd be in for a set for brake ducting.

Can you make them with a fitting on the back for 2" air duct hose?

I already have the CMBuildz brake cooling shrouds and they have a 2" hose fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need this! In for a brake duct utilizing a 3" hose. Original plan was to run a speaker port through the fog light whole and delete the windshield washer tank but this is a much better solution!

Last edited:

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
let me know when you want to sell a set or two of the straight ones, I have a weekend warrior and my roommate has a dedicated track FiST and we have been looking for exactly this.