Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replaced transmission housing, won't start

Inner trans case cracked, leaking fluid. Replaced the part, but now she won't start. When we first started trying to get the car to crank, it would attempt for about 20 seconds, then shut off -OR- when I held down the accelerator while pushing the start button, she'd crank for 20 seconds, then immediately start and rev to about 3k, then die. Error codes P0223 (Throttle/Pedal position circuit LOW) and P0123 (Throttle/Pedal position circuit HIGH) are constant. We've double checked all grounds, throttle body has been replaced just to be sure, and yes the battery is charged.

Now the engine will not attempt to turn over - I don't know what changed, but it just won't. Seems to me as though the clutch sensor is not reading correctly, but we checked it out and it is reading correctly. I push to start, all the electronics come on, but when I push the clutch to start, she just turns off, as if the clutch was not pushed in.

If anyone has similar issue, or knows how to solve it, please help.

Inner trans case cracked, leaking fluid. Replaced the part, but now she won't start. When we first started trying to get the car to crank, it would attempt for about 20 seconds, then shut off -OR- when I held down the accelerator while pushing the start button, she'd crank for 20 seconds, then immediately start and rev to about 3k, then die. Error codes P0223 (Throttle/Pedal position circuit LOW) and P0123 (Throttle/Pedal position circuit HIGH) are constant. We've double checked all grounds, throttle body has been replaced just to be sure, and yes the battery is charged.

Now the engine will not attempt to turn over - I don't know what changed, but it just won't. Seems to me as though the clutch sensor is not reading correctly, but we checked it out and it is reading correctly. I push to start, all the electronics come on, but when I push the clutch to start, she just turns off, as if the clutch was not pushed in.

If anyone has similar issue, or knows how to solve it, please help.
i’m having this exact issue! just replaced the transmission, got it to start then threw those codes and had a rough idle, after blowing up a slave cylinder the trans came back out replaced the clutch and slave and now the trans is back in and i’m experiencing almost 100% what you wrote in this post, did you find a fix???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk