Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do you guys get such good mileage?

Did that engine have the duel fuel injection system from Toyota? I know they redid the WRX engine and fuel system, but the STI was still using the older engine which is a fuel hog.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I am not sure about the fuel injection. It had the 2.0 engine, not the 2.5 gas hog- which my 2011 had. The STI's still use the 2.5 engine. I would stay away from one like the plague. I traded my 2016 for my ST. I like the ST way better.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Hi all,
I read a lot about people getting 30+ mpg on their fist average, but since owning it mine hovers around 25-26 if I'm not driving aggressively.

On the highway my instant readout can usually be around 30+ but in the city with lots of stop and go is what kills mileage.

Mods ok so far are RMM, Cobb stage 1 ots tune, ramair drop in and DV+.

Also been meaning to switch to better spark plugs as I haven't checked them at all and car is at 32k, would that contribute to mileage issues?
The assumption with any performance mods, is that you don't care about sacrificing mileage.

That obvious detail aside, when comparing mileage, you need to look at where they're from.

Elevation as well as other factors like the time of year, temps, will have an impact on mileage, even when driven in the same manner.

I typically average low 30s. After warm up, harder on the accelerator, easy on the brake. I never use the engine or the clutch to slow down. Front tires are typically ~42 PSI as this helps prevent damage to the wheel when falling into craters and skillets. The rear ~38 depending on temperatures.

My first car was a 1964 Oldsmobile Super 88 with the 394 Rocket engine. It got 5mpg running out of gas was a weekly occurrence. You could see the gas gauge going down. My 20 mile daily commute to work and back 30-50mph no freeways. Easily get 33mpg in the FiST.

Hi all,
I read a lot about people getting 30+ mpg on their fist average, but since owning it mine hovers around 25-26 if I'm not driving aggressively.

On the highway my instant readout can usually be around 30+ but in the city with lots of stop and go is what kills mileage.

Mods ok so far are RMM, Cobb stage 1 ots tune, ramair drop in and DV+.

Also been meaning to switch to better spark plugs as I haven't checked them at all and car is at 32k, would that contribute to mileage issues?
I was getting like 12 on my Speed3 so mpg’s on this car are very welcome lol. Averaging 28 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Von

Thing that needs to be remembered also is good old ethanol in California. Shit kills mileage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk