Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unmarrying Accessport bricked ECU? Advice?

Received my AP yesterday and everything went smoothly. I updated the firmware and installed the latest stage 1 map for my model year just to try it out. Flashed it onto my 2015, again everything went smoothly. Took it for a 10 minute drive and decided to unmarry it until I receive my intercooler this weekend. At some point during uninstall something went wrong and it goes into Recovery Mode. No problem I try again. Back in recovery mode. My car won't start. I call COBB they say to use a battery charger and it'll work no problem. Well I hooked one up and tried for hours. Still no luck and I had to miss work today to try and get this sorted out. Anyone have any advice or idea what's going on?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can you post a short video of what you are seeing on the accessport when you try to unmarry it? Did you buy the accessport used? Will the car crank? What is recovery mode? Is that on the AP or on the car?

SrsBsns

What went wrong?

Can you walk us through the process?

I think it normally says not to start the car or to remove the AP while it's installing/uninstalling, did you do anything like that when it was still in progress?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you tried flashing the stg 1 map back? It's safe to run it without any mods. It's a conservative tune to begin with.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Can you post a short video of what you are seeing on the accessport when you try to unmarry it? Did you buy the accessport used? Will the car crank? What is recovery mode? Is that on the AP or on the car?
Unfortunately I can't post a video since I boxed it up to send out to COBB along with my ECU for a reflash.

Basically it's was a standard unmarrying process. It then told me on the AP that ECU reflash was unsuccessful and car is in recovery mode and to retry reflash. I tried the option over and over while making sure the battery was being charged and no success. It just sends me back to recovery mode on the AP and the car won't start.

The AP is used but is in like new condition. I made sure to update firmware and install the latest tunes for my vehicle on the AP before attempting the flash. It installed and ran fine, it was when I tried to unmarry it that it screwed up.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
What went wrong?

Can you walk us through the process?

I think it normally says not to start the car or to remove the AP while it's installing/uninstalling, did you do anything like that when it was still in progress?
I made sure not to touch anything while both marrying and unmarrying. It was during the unmarrying process that it is now stuck in the recovery mode loop.
Car married and ran the tune just fine.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Have you tried flashing the stg 1 map back? It's safe to run it without any mods. It's a conservative tune to begin with.
Unfortunately it won't even give me the option to flash back into stage 1 tune. It's stuck in a recovery mode loop to flash back on the stock tune during the unmarrying process.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Okay well I think you are doing the right thing getting Cobb involved. The problem will be that you don’t have a car until they get it figured out. I bet your ECU file got corrupted somehow during the download and cannot be reinstalled. Hopefully Cobb can get it taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk