Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Problem with window washer spray pump

I recently replaced my washer spray pump because the previous one snapped at the flimsy connection to the tubes, but now it won't spray the front windshield at all when I press the side button on the stalk.
Oddly enough, the rear spray shoots now when I push it, which it never did before. This is also the first time I have used that spray because it never worked before and I didn't know how to turn it on.

Has anyone else run into this issue when replacing the window washer spray pump?
I appreciate any help and thank you in advance!

UPDATE:
It's fixed now. To anyone replacing the washer pump: Make sure the 2 hoses are on the correct side.
Mine were swapped.

Last edited:
I don't have any advice as to why the new pump is not working as intended.

The way to engage the rear spray is to pull the wiper stalk toward you and hold. I wonder if that will now engage your front wipers since you are saying the end button that normally engages front spray nozzles is triggering the rear nozzle. [confused]

Maybe something is switched around on the new pump.

I don't have any advice as to why the new pump is not working as intended.

The way to engage the rear spray is to pull the wiper stalk toward you and hold. I wonder if that will now engage your front wipers since you are saying the end button that normally engages front spray nozzles is triggering the rear nozzle. [confused]

Maybe something is switched around on the new pump.
I was thinking exactly this, maybe he has the hoses swapped @ the pump?

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #6
I haven't gotten under the car to check yet, but I'll do it this weekend if I have a chance.
I think I may be able to get to it by turning the wheel, which would make this easier, but I'm not 100% sure.

I haven't gotten under the car to check yet, but I'll do it this weekend if I have a chance.
I think I may be able to get to it by turning the wheel, which would make this easier, but I'm not 100% sure.
You don't have to get under the car to check, simply activate the rear washer.

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #8
You don't have to get under the car to check, simply activate the rear washer.
Oh, the spray button for the front activates the rear so the tubes connected to the pump are probably switched as LaserWhisperer said.
I need to get under there to switch the tubes.