Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woosh intercooler V1 VS V2

Spork1569

Hi all,

I am hoping to get an intercooler soon to upgrade to stage 2/get a stratified or other tune and was wondering if anyone has experience with both of the woosh brand intercooler and whether the new V2 is worth the money(and worth waiting for it to restock).

I live in Cali where it doesn't get blistering hot(summer is around mid 80's). Kind of hoping it's a marginal difference so I can try to hunt for a used V1 possibly.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I can't speak on the V1, but I do own the V2. Where I live, it does get blistering hot, so I opted for the larger FMIC. The V2 is just about the largest FMIC that fits without any sort of modification or trimming (it's a tight fit, but it fits well nonetheless); the V1 will require some trimming in order for it to fit properly, and it's also a bit smaller than the V2. Additionally, the V2 is built like a tank - it's just feels SOLID - it's also heat coated. The lack of trimming and size alone made me opt for the V2 over the V1.

SrsBsns

Hi all,

I am hoping to get an intercooler soon to upgrade to stage 2/get a stratified or other tune and was wondering if anyone has experience with both of the woosh brand intercooler and whether the new V2 is worth the money(and worth waiting for it to restock).

I live in Cali where it doesn't get blistering hot(summer is around mid 80's). Kind of hoping it's a marginal difference so I can try to hunt for a used V1 possibly.

Thanks in advance for the input.
I asked that same question in the Whoosh IC thread and Ron told me that basically, the V1 will be fine for the stock turbo. If you're running anything bigger, the V2 is the way to go.

All that said, I wound up going with the Depo racing IC and it's been great. I'm stage 2... intake, plugs, 91 Stratified tune.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #4
I asked that same question in the Whoosh IC thread and Ron told me that basically, the V1 will be fine for the stock turbo. If you're running anything bigger, the V2 is the way to go.

All that said, I wound up going with the Depo racing IC and it's been great. I'm stage 2... intake, plugs, 91 Stratified tune.
For the price the depo also seemed like a pretty good deal. I think I would want to go with either the V2 or that one since I don't want to have to cut much in order to make the IC fit, which Skadeush said needed to be done for the V1.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
For the price the depo also seemed like a pretty good deal. I think I would want to go with either the V2 or that one since I don't want to have to cut much in order to make the IC fit, which Skadeush said needed to be done for the V1.
the whoosh V1 / Depo are the essentially the same part and fitment. We offer 2 colors and logo options as well
$299 with the FIST5 forum discount gets you 5% off + FREE SHIPPING (conus)

The V2 is completely different in terms of size, internal make up, heat coating, etc

SrsBsns

I was in the same boat... debating between the V1 and the V2. The V2 looks so beefy and solid.

However, after hearing from Ron that the V2 was really intended to be used for non-stock turbo setups, I talked myself back down into getting the V1 or the depo. I think both the depo and the V1 are similar, but someone can jump in if there are any significant differences. Core size is about the same on both, and they're both significantly larger than the stock IC.

I think the depo had free shipping, or something like that which got me to pull the trigger on it over the V1 from Whoosh.

I took the extra $80 or so that I saved and bought colder plugs, a stubby antenna, and a cheeseburger.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I was in the same boat... debating between the V1 and the V2. The V2 looks so beefy and solid.

However, after hearing from Ron that the V2 was really intended to be used for non-stock turbo setups, I talked myself back down into getting the V1 or the depo. I think both the depo and the V1 are similar, but someone can jump in if there are any significant differences. Core size is about the same on both, and they're both significantly larger than the stock IC.

I think the depo had free shipping, or something like that which got me to pull the trigger on it over the V1 from Whoosh.

I took the extra $80 or so that I saved and bought colder plugs, a stubby antenna, and a cheeseburger.
congrats on your purchase but to to clarify we ship FREE on the V1's also
V1 whoosh = $299 use FIST5 forum discount code = $285 with FREE SHIPPING

We charge $25 shipping for the V2 because it weighs quite a bit more than the V1 and it requires custom packaging. Average Actual shipping is $40 or more so the $25 is really just to help us, not actual shipping in any way just FYI

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #8
the whoosh V1 / Depo are the essentially the same part and fitment. We offer 2 colors and logo options as well
$299 with the FIST5 forum discount gets you 5% off + FREE SHIPPING (conus)

The V2 is completely different in terms of size, internal make up, heat coating, etc
Hey Ron,
Would you happen to have an estimate on when the V2's would return in stock? Whenever I look at the page it says in stock but both options say out of stock.

V_2

I have the V1 with a gt2560r. Didn't know the V2 was around, or I ordered right before it was released. Either way, the V1 does *alright* with the upgraded turbo. But I suspect it would heatsoak quickly during track use. My car is mainly street driven daily and the V1 works well enough for that.

datazap-whoosh-temps.png