Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else have an issue with Schroth Quickfit Harness?

I purchased a Schroth Quickfit harness, but one of the two brackets that bolt to the car won't fit. The hole in the bracket is too small for the factory bolt. I can certainly enlarge the hole, but it would weaken the bracket a lot. I can find a smaller bolt, but the factory one holds in the seatbelt and I am not willing to second-guess Ford's decision on what is safe. Anyone else have this issue? I have contacted Schroth and the dealer, but am not getting a response from either.

dmb

tell them this is a safety issue and if they won't respond they will to your lawyer, that will get then off their ass.

No issues with mine- I ran it all season last year. It may be worth it to check that they sent you the right one?
What year is your car? Maybe Ford changed something and Schroth didn't know?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I had the exact same question when I installed mine. It is by design, the bracket is cinched down and will not move.

thanks for clearing this up, i was just about to return as well. also if you look on page 6 of the instructions you can bend the anchor a bit as well, which i might plan on doing.