Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel Setup anyone?

Is anyone repping the "AM SC STYLE WHEEL (17X9” 4X108 ET20 63.4CB)" from fury motoring that could show me how it looks on the fiesta?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I have Geoff work on my car installing fender flares that FM offers as I type this, and will go with the Klutch ML7 17x9. So, when it gets back, I will be able to show what it looks like. My expectation - awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

i can only imagine this would work with fender flares :eek: plus wouldnt that offset be bad for our hub/bearing assembly. wide stance on our cars do look nice though. digging those wheels too

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #4
The thing is I have a custom widebody. So it isn't like the fender flares that fury motoring makes that just fit the car, and then the wheels are already fitted for the flares. When my car was at the show, it had custom 19x10's in the rear and custom 19x9's in the front. The thing is that it's a very harsh ride with those on. So looking at the klutch mL7's was a better option. But then again, I don't know how they would fit my fenders.

Sent from my Z999 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
The thing is I have a custom widebody. So it isn't like the fender flares that fury motoring makes that just fit the car, and then the wheels are already fitted for the flares. When my car was at the show, it had custom 19x10's in the rear and custom 19x9's in the front. The thing is that it's a very harsh ride with those on. So looking at the klutch mL7's was a better option. But then again, I don't know how they would fit my fenders.

What was the offset on the 19s? Those Saleen reps are like low 20s...

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #6
What was the offset on the 19s? Those Saleen reps are like low 20s...

I actually don't even know. The company who had them on the car was Bojix Design for the 2014 SEMA show. I do know that they were xxr's. I'll do some research and get back to u on the offset of those

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Show us pics of the car! Main thing you want to be concerned about with bigger wheels is weight. Honestly though even with a wide body or flares a 17 is all I would run on these cars. These cars are small and smalll looking large diameter wheels are not that appealing. We can get away with 17’s but 18’s or 19’s would just look way out of proportion in my opinion,

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #8
Show us pics of the car! Main thing you want to be concerned about with bigger wheels is weight. Honestly though even with a wide body or flares a 17 is all I would run on these cars. These cars are small and smalll looking large diameter wheels are not that appealing. We can get away with 17’s but 18’s or 19’s would just look way out of proportion in my opinion,
I agree. The 17x 9's would be my choice once I know the proper fitment. Attached are the wheels it had on for the show and then the 17x7 xxr's that are on it now.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
By loolking at those flares with the 7’s you could do a 9 probably with a 25-30 offset. Thing about our cars is FWD which means the lower offset you go you run the chance of increasing Torque steer a bit. I personally because the cars are FWD would not go below a 35 offset. I would start measuring things for clearance and width then calculate your ideal offset. Tire wheel calculators online can help.

Last edited:
OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #10
By loolking at those flares with the 7’s you could do a 9 probably with a 25-30 offset. Thing about our cars is they are FED which means the lower offset you go you run the chance of increasing Torque steer a bit. I personally because the cars are FWD would not go below a 35 offset. I would start measuring things for clearance and width then calculate your ideal offset. Tire wheel calculators online can help.
Thanks for the advice bro ! [emoji106]

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I had a thread about wheel fitment - you can find it, which (d)evolved into discussion about offsets Depending on the clearance of your fenders, you can go to pretty low offsets, single digits, if you are looking for a square/flush stance. I have BBKs on all 4 corners, and the car is lower by 1".

With 2"+ flares, my plan is to run 245/35/17 all around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Yeah...if those huge 19s fit i bet those Saleens and 245s should work. Keep them in 40 series sidewall so they arent too tall.