Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission/gearbox whine

I have a 2018 fiesta st with 20k miles on it. I recently noticed a whining noise getting worse. It occurs around 2-4k rpm under light load. Took it to the dealer and They verified the noise wasnt right. Just got my car back from them checking it out and they said nothings wrong. Everything i read says that my trans isnt healthy. What should i do?

I have a 2018 fiesta st with 20k miles on it. I recently noticed a whining noise getting worse. It occurs around 2-4k rpm under light load. Took it to the dealer and They verified the noise wasnt right. Just got my car back from them checking it out and they said nothings wrong. Everything i read says that my trans isnt healthy. What should i do?
As long as the dealer is aware and they have noted it I would say just keep driving it. You're still under the factory warranty so it will be covered if anything goes wrong. If it shifts fine and doesn't pop out of gear or grind I say drive it and have fun. This car is also known to have a lot of noise and if you add a rear motor mount (assuming you haven't) you will notice more. I bought mine less than a week ago with 74k on it and it also has some drive train noise but shifts fine and each gear shift is solid. I highly recommend a rear motor mount if you don't have one.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I have a rmm. The guy who verrified the noise recently quit or whatever so they scrubbed anything about him verifying the noise from records. I'm getting a big run around. I guess I'll drive it till it dies

I have a rmm. The guy who verrified the noise recently quit or whatever so they scrubbed anything about him verifying the noise from records. I'm getting a big run around. I guess I'll drive it till it dies
That should be noted in the vehicle service history regardless of who the tech was but if you don't have a copy of the ticket I would get one just for records if this comes up later on. From what I've read about the transmission on this platform people run into problems with low fluid or higher hp mods. I don't plan on modding beyond an AP (just for monitoring parameters).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That should have absolutely nothing to do with a Tech who left....They should still have record of it. If they don't id start looking for a new dealer like I said. My purchasing dealer was great to buy a car from but there service was about as worthless as TITS on a Boar. Went to another dealer and had my trans replaced and drove with the Tech and he said yeap....it'll be total replacement and no tear down. He was right.....Brand new trans. was installed...problem gone. [wrenchin]