Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone tried the Dizzy E40a Tune w/ 7 psi Wastegate?

That’s what I’m running. I don’t have much to compare it to except for the MP215 tune my car came with used, and a 93 tune Dizzy made for me for use with the 7psi wga. Runs great, no complaints. The main thing that annoyed me about the MP215 tune was the surge of power I’d get at low throttle settings that would make it hard to control. That’s gone now, and has made it much easier to get the car to do what I want.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #3
That’s what I’m running. I don’t have much to compare it to except for the MP215 tune my car came with used, and a 93 tune Dizzy made for me for use with the 7psi wga. Runs great, no complaints. The main thing that annoyed me about the MP215 tune was the surge of power I’d get at low throttle settings that would make it hard to control. That’s gone now, and has made it much easier to get the car to do what I want.
[MENTION=7145]bhmax[/MENTION], have you ran any vdyno numbers?

No, I had problems setting it up on my computer. I might have some raw files I can find.

I’m on the fence with this between how hard this is to install and just saving up for a hybrid turbo.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #6
I’m on the fence with this between how hard this is to install and just saving up for a hybrid turbo.
How hard is it to install? I can't seem to find instructions or videos.

It’s just the heat shield removal that can be a pain. I forget what I looked at, but I’m sure there’s something posted here or a YouTube video that helped me.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #8
It’s just the heat shield removal that can be a pain. I forget what I looked at, but I’m sure there’s something posted here or a YouTube video that helped me.
I just finished reading through the TUNE+ wastegate thread. It sounds like removing the passenger side cooling line is the ticket to get the header heat shield out without having to bend it. Or just unbolting the heat shield and leaving it in there and working around it.

i look forward to getting the bitch on the lift and doing this as well as a traction bar and the requisite intercooler upgrades!

I recently installed everything needed for the E40a tune. All I have to say is the power is amazing! I've progressed through all the levels. Started with COBB OTS stage 1, Dizzy stage 2 93, then E30, and now Dizzy E40a. The install is not that bad just like everyone has mentioned the heat shield is the hardest part to get out. Now to save up for an S280, uprated injectors, and HPFP upgrade. ☺️

@Raziel510 ......I think I am following the same path as you, and I have found myself progressing through these levels in like a week, LOL

Right now I am all stock on the DizzyE30 tune, and this was clearly enough better than the 93 (see the Vdyno below....Not sure on the absolute magnitude of these numbers, but I've been looking for differentials) that I will stick with it (as E85 is available five minutes from my house) so its worth the small bit of extra effort to mix the fuels. It's pretty simple in my case as here E85 actually tests at 85 here, and the 93 comes out between E8-10. So 3-4 gal of E85 to a tank does the trick.
84FD6908-3795-42C4-9D67-8157A3A3FADD.jpeg

Dizzy is great to work with as well. I clearly see why his rep is so good here.
D6AC215A-4390-44E5-94D0-20C165A7F3EE.jpeg

Quick question from a newbie on these cars......

When a different wastegate holding tension is needed (ie the turbine back pressure is so getting so great the flapper door gets blown open and is uncontrolled, which appears to be the case with E-40 tunes), has anyone tried simply adding another spring to the flapper arm? Many moons ago when I used to mess with a different platform of cars (where junkyard solutions were welcomed 😁), this was fairly common place....and pitifully cheap.

Quick question from a newbie on these cars......

When a different wastegate holding tension is needed (ie the turbine back pressure is so getting so great the flapper door gets blown open and is uncontrolled, which appears to be the case with E-40 tunes), has anyone tried simply adding another spring to the flapper arm? Many moons ago when I used to mess with a different platform of cars (where junkyard solutions were welcomed 😁), this was fairly common place....and pitifully cheap.
I'm not sure about adding an additional spring to the arm, I've never heard/seen anything about it on this forum. If anyone else who's more knowledgeable please chime in.