Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overheating

Twice in the past week my car has overheated. Both times I was in stop and go traffic and the car got all the way to H. It’s been less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Had my mechanic take a look at the cooling fan and he said everything’s working fine.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has any advice.

You don't mention what model year Fiesta ST you have. My 16 fried it's fan relay. I'm attaching a picture of the relay that died and the replacement part number on the package. You could also have a thermostat failure or some coolant leak that lead to the overheating. It's very hard to make a diagnosis or offer any substantial advice without more background. As you can see in the picture of terminal are, it is melted around one of the spades. IMG_20190328_101954.jpg [party] IMG_20190328_101903.jpg

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
You don't mention what model year Fiesta ST you have. My 16 fried it's fan relay. I'm attaching a picture of the relay that died and the replacement part number on the package. You could also have a thermostat failure or some coolant leak that lead to the overheating. It's very hard to make a diagnosis or offer any substantial advice without more background. As you can see in the picture of terminal are, it is melted around one of the spades. View attachment 20180 [party] View attachment 20181
I have a 2015. Thanks a lot. I’ll take a look.