Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

could cfm breather oil cap be causing boost leak

ROCKYFiestta

just wondering if anybody else ran into this. I checked all my hoses they where nice and tight only thing I did difference was to add the cfm breather oil cap and my tuner said I was loosing boost somewhere. [confuse][dunno]

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
just wondering if anybody else ran into this. I checked all my hoses they where nice and tight only thing I did difference was to add the cfm breather oil cap and my tuner said I was loosing boost somewhere. [confuse][dunno]
Unless the crankcase is somehow part of the charge side, i doubt it.

Check for a crack in the plastic intercooler end caps. Or a loose connection.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

KKaWing

The sound symposer maybe? I remember seeing a youtube video of someone disassembling it and clearing the dust and dirt from the plastic membrane before assembling it again to fix a boost leak.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #5
I think I found it the one clamp on the turbo(the smallest one) was able to go a few more turns everything else was super tight hopefully that takes care of it [bash], was a little hard to squeeze in back there I guess I should have just removed the stupid plastic wiper cowl to give me more room.

thanks though I just definitely wanted to rule out that it wasn't the breather cap in anyway

but I will check on my symposer as well tomm just to be sure.