Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead battery again

Hi guys,
half a year ago I came to my Fiesta ST 2013 and found that it won't start as battery is dead. It went to 6 V without any reason after 10 hours of the car being parked. My car repair service repaired it by rebuilding the alternator.

Today exactly the same situation happened. Without any reason the battery has 10 V and I'm unable to start the car.

I have never had any other problems with battery, charging or starting my car (even in cold weather).

How would you diagnose the problem? I will probably visit my car repair service but I don't want to let them change yet another part of my car without really knowing what is the problem. Obviously half a year ago they guessed it can be alternator so they repaired it for 200 USD.

Thanks

Martin

Jump start it. Take it to a car parts store. Leave it running and have them check the battery. Already replaced mine on my 2016.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
I would expect old battery to lose its capacity and power gradually (that is not what I see).... I will probably take the battery out of the car, fully charge, then discharge it under constant load to see what is its capacity. Then I will consider whether to replace it or not.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I would expect old battery to lose its capacity and power gradually (that is not what I see).... I will probably take the battery out of the car, fully charge, then discharge it under constant load to see what is its capacity. Then I will consider whether to replace it or not.
Replace the battery - unless you enjoy the aggravation. You will have to waste time on the diagnostics, and the end result is likely to be the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My 2012 Focus battery up and died quite suddenly .Jumped it checked everything drove it around for 45 minutes to charge next morning bam dead again. orignal battery. Got a new Interstate a Costco popped it in and done. No more issue.

Moral is if your stock batery is 6 years old or older its run its course and is done. Replace and don’t look back.

You might want to check out MeLe Design Firm, the first to offer a direct fit lightweight battery mount for the FiST. Their mounts fit the Odyssey PC680 and XS Power D680 battery and give you a 16 lbs weight reduction from the stock battery assembly.

I just received my mount in black with a PC680 for my 2016 FiST and plan to install it this weekend. Definitely quality stuff!