Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LSD installation, over coming Torque Vectoring/Disabling TV

Sorry to start another LSD thread again guys! So i have seen a couple Youtube videos of people installing LSD in their FiST. Seems to work but i keep hearing that installing LSD in our cars makes the TV go crazy and disable air bags and what not. I can not be having all that! i love my car as a DD and would like to track it in the future lol.
I like the idea of a full mechanical LSD just because it has less maintainence that is required. But i hear that once a wheel lifts then it doesn't work right or something. So i guess the real question is, Which LSD is best and what has to be done for the car not to loose it's Sh!t with TV once LSD is in. Thanks in advance.[cool]

I haven't had any issues with Torque Vectoring after my LSD was installed. It actually made the TV system less active with the front brakes, which is what I was trying to

Where are you seeing people with cars that freak out with LSDs?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you are looking for a no maintenance/Torsen style diff which addresses the wheel in the air making it an open diff problem, then the Autotech Wavetrac is your unit.
It uses a 'ramp up' wave type device in it's internals to address this issue.

But it IS one of the highest priced limited slips out there for this car, as is the Quaife (which does the open diff thing when a wheel loses contact with the road surface).

I am trying to get some info on the Drexler diffs for our car, but running into a total lack of info about those. [:(]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have the MFactory diff. My airbags still work fine. Torque vectoring is pretty much nonexistent now. If it activates it locks the diff. I don’t even feel it anymore. Whatever you watched has gotta be a joke.

Are you talking about the thread where someone found you can pull two connectors under the center console to disable TVS but it will also disable the airbags? I have the mFactory Diff and haven't had any problems with the TVS, so much better with the LSD

KKaWing

You don't need to disable torque vectoring, it complements the (helical) LSD. There's a technique that "loads" the LSD and have you ready to rocket out the corner, it's left foot braking. That is basically the brake based TVC the car has, just applied to the individual wheel. It's also great for taming that lift a wheel -> open diff. phenomenon. The solution to losing the LSD effect when you lift a wheel is to tap the brakes. Guess what TVC does [;)]