Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension, Chassis Braces and Wheels

I am a new member with a brand new 2019 ST and I have a few questions. I've done some research and have experience in this area so I'm specifically looking for brand recommendations based on the real-world experiences of members of this forum.

I want to lower the ST. The goal is looks with the lowest impact to ride quality. I do not intend to autocross the car. I do clearly understand there is a tradeoff in ride quality so what I'm looking for are recommendations from those who have installed a specific brand of lowering springs and the impressions of the relative percentage loss from stock. I have found that not all springs with the same lowering height have the same impact on ride quality. I appreciate there are differences in perception of ride quality but I'll sort through that. I have done some research and found several spring kits that I think might fill the bill but I want to purchase one that satisfies this specific requirement as close as possible. I have zero'd in on Eibach but want to vet this choice. This is where your experience would be most helpful to me. I welcome the input.

I would also like to install front and rear tower-to-tower braces along with subframe braces. It appears there is a company in SoCal, which produces them here and they may be the ticket. I am an avid fan of suspension. After my first drive in a Lotus Elan, I was forever hooked on handling and suspension. This ST is reminiscent of that Lotus. It handles great as-is but I'd like it a touch lower for looks and I feel chassis bracing will only make it better with minimal disruption. I have found the greatest impact in braking and handling - the single best bang for the buck. Again, I'm open to suggestions.

Lastly, if anyone knows the weight of the stock black 17" wheels I'd like to explore wheel options. I suspect they are north of 23 lbs. I do like their look. They are super easy to clean, but lower sprung wheel weight is always a good thing! [biggrin].

I welcome your experience and recommendations.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would not run Eibachs. They do go low but my experience with Eibach springs is they sag over time. The Swift that Henry above is running are good springs. Not quite as low. The king of low is H&R. A number of people like them. I do not have much expereince with them. Also if I had not decided to jump to coilovers for ride height adjustabilty I would have run Koni Yellows like Henry above chose. Its a good setup he has. Another spring choice is Whiteline as well as ST both of which are good.
I chose ST XTA coilovers because they are a Koni style shock( Koni used to supply internals to K&W, ST’s parent company. ( In fact ST XTA’s are basically Varient 2 coilovers without the fancy external weather coating. )

I will be putting in my Coilovers in the next week or two and will be posting here about them in my build thread.

I also was on the fence for awhile which way I should go I chose adjustable ride height!

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Rgr that to both of you and thanks for the invite, Henry. The is precisely what I need. I'll delete the Eibachs from the list and have a look at the Swifts and the ST XTA Coilovers. I like adjustability as well although did not go that route with my prior upgrade. Always like Konis as well. Good input, thanks!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
My understanding is that tower bars do little on these cars. You'll feel the most benefit from a rear sway bar/brace.

The Hotchkis rear bar that lots of members here purchased (i included) really improved handling on these STs.

As far as ride quality, going to 215/40/17 tires adds sidewall and fits stock suspensions and i belive most lowered set-ups.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Went to the Hotchkis site and found the bar: https://www.hotchkis.net/product/20...om-hotchkis-sport-suspension/?mk=&yr=&md=&sm=
Went to the Pierce site and found the lower chassis brace/tiebar 2 pt mounting: http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2018-ford-fiesta-st-lower-chassis-brace-tiebar/
Went to the Swift site and found the springs: http://www.swiftsprings.com/products/sports-springs-spec-r/

I might run the springs with the stock shocks to get the use out of them before upgrading. I do my own work so its not a cost consideration to do the work twice. The tires are 205x40x17 Bridgestones. I'll wear them out too before changing them. That Pierce site has quite a few chassis braces which I believe are more suited to autocross.

Thanks, fellas, for sorting this out. You have the car and you know what works. I have no intention of reinventing that wheel.

Last edited: