Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2013 Fiesta ST - issues and experiences so far

verns

Hello,

So i have 2013 Fiesta ST3 3-door EU model with 88000 km so far and i just wanted to share my experiences with issues that i've had so far.

- Throwout bearing seems to be slightly whining at 1500-2500 rpms, will change that out with my clutch when that's gone (complete Clutch replacement is 600€)

- Did a transmission repair out of warranty cause 2nd gear teeth were chipped away but Ford paid 50% because it was supposedly a faulty material... Still about 700€ -_-

- All door speakers are blown but they're cheap to replace once i get to it

- Gonna get rear engine mount because of vibrations - the passenger compartment vibrates from that

- My steering wheel vibrates at higher speeds and i can feel every little bump in it so that's probably something minor in suspension, maybe brakes or a bent wheel... will find out when i change to winter tyres soon.

- There is a slight rattle when i turn my engine off and it also rattles at about 1100 RPM right above idle

- My Milltek non res exhaust is bumping and rubbing like crazy because it's a very tight fit there but i imagine that would be an easy fix too, although Ford didn't know what to do :D

- To my surprise, no Blend Door actuator problems, but it's an EU model so maybe that's why? I don't know

Any tips about what should i check next? Was thinking about checking hoses for boost leaks as well.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
To give you experience from another member on those rims, at 25k miles I was informed by the guy doing my tires every single rim was out of round. Virginia's roads are terrible though but in my experience they are weaker and bend faster than any factory rim I've had. Changed to custom drilled rpf1s and haven't had a problem with bent rims since. Had them 3k miles so far and always drive spirited.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
- My Milltek non res exhaust is bumping and rubbing like crazy because it's a very tight fit there but i imagine that would be an easy fix too, although Ford didn't know what to do :D
Most people report that with stock exhaust hangers. You might want to buy some stiffer aftermarket ones. Mountune sells them, but I'm sure other Euro makers do, too.