Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom car grills

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have written and spoken to custom car grills and am in the works for measurements for the Lower grill for the intercooler to offer those who would like a little more protection! There isn't a whole lot out there for us.....it would be nice to have a multitude of options! I'll keep you all updated as it progresses!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I have written and spoken to custom car grills and am in the works for measurements for the Lower grill for the intercooler to offer those who would like a little more protection! There isn't a whole lot out there for us.....it would be nice to have a multitude of options! I'll keep you all updated as it progresses!

Have you decided against the Zunsport grill? Seems nice but I can't find any reviews.

anticon

20181028_204116_HDR-COLLAGE.jpg

I had to diy mine from $5 eBay expanded metal. It worked but would be nice to have better options.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Have you decided against the Zunsport grill? Seems nice but I can't find any reviews.
I want options....something closer to the OEM style grille layout. The zune sport looks good but I'm going for something else.

What about the main (big) grill? That's the one I wanna change since I don't use a lower grill at all.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Grill-less of course looks the best imo, but not having protection I think is a bad idea. I was thinking to add a screen behind the oem actually.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Grill-less of course looks the best imo, but not having protection I think is a bad idea. I was thinking to add a screen behind the oem actually.
The condenser and radiator on all of my higher mileage vehicles are looking pretty bad. Not that I've had any cooling issues, but that's not a bad idea actually.

I damaged one HOT radiator by concentrating a cold car wash nozzle jet spray on a single point of he radiator. This exceeded the metal's thermal gradient, resulting with "invisible" cracks.

I did this to mine. Body shop removed the black plastic backing off my grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Coincidentally, I ordered some material from customcargrills.com in the past few weeks.

I "upgraded" my MAP intercooler to the CPE (which I have always wanted but didn't want to pay $800 for, got it on sale from Panda!) and knew I might have to trim around the lower grill area of the bumper so I figured I'd make a new lower grill while I was at it.

My first attempt was with some aluminum honeycomb material but wasn't happy with the look or fit using the suggested rubber trim around it.

Then I decided to go with ABS honeycomb material instead and forego the rubber trim. It will be attached to the vertical support slats with safety wire. Here's the grill, trimmed to fit and ready for install tomorrow.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
It's in the works Brian...itll be soon enough and hopefully a kit will come into fruition!

Last edited:

VirtualRonin

Active Military
It's in the works Brian...itll be soon enough and hopefully a kit will come into fruition!

Glad to see you spearheading this, I just decided to make my own. Just funny how we had the same idea and we're resourcing the same company, lol.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
There's a large rectangular pimple on the left side of the front facia.
I know, I wish our state didn't require front plates. Some people leave them off anyway but mines a daily driver so I'd rather not deal with the hassle of possibly getting ticket for it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I'm merely joking. Looks nice. I am curious, why is it shifted to the left? I can see the original mounting holes in the center. Was it mounted low enough to block the intercooler grill?

Can't speak for your area, but I leave mine off as a matter of protest. Like tinted windows, they only ticket certain people for that non-sense. Got three in the span of one year and like 4/10 vehicles I see around here, still don't have one. F*em. Got pulled over for tags at the top of the plate and that isn't even illegal. Even though they've murdered people for less and got off I ain't scared of'em. There's no excuse for that. Go fight some real crime. They put on their underwear the same way we do. There's a recent proposal here to eliminate the front plate. If this were brought up and passed a few years earlier, at least one individual might still be alive.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I'm merely joking. Looks nice. I am curious, why is it shifted to the left? I can see the original mounting holes in the center. Was it mounted low enough to block the intercooler grill?
I gotcha, no worries. I have a Pierce Motorsports tow bar on that side and a Rho-Plate license plate mount. I track my car and drive in winter so it's nice to have a tow point just in case. Plus it gives me the option to remove the plate easily.