Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear wheel stud removal question

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I just double checked.
I did not want to give you wrong information.
I was thinking of the front dust shields.
In the rear you must remove the knuckle that holds the hub but not the hub itself.
This is also easy as they bolt on from the back side with 4 bolts.
However, with the tool I suggested, I don't think you will need to remove the shields.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
No worries. Thanks for the help.

I will update this thread on Saturday.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Found this in the service manual pics. Ford has a SST for the job, hub removal not required. Also looks like there's more room to work in the area than I thought once the rotor is removed.

More interesting to me is, if I were to remove the hub (which I won't need to do), Ford shows the bolts are one-time use (look at the little trashcan icon in the 2nd pic).

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Haha, look at the pic, the same tool that I was thinking of to use originally!
Advance auto has it as a loaner tool as part of their front end service kit. "Tie rod remover".

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Borrowed a 5 piece "front end service kit" from advance auto. I first tried the tool as pictured above, but it kept slipping off the stud. Ended up using this (pictured below).

Went easy peezy, except that with the rotor off, there's no way to lock the hub from spinning. I had a harder time pulling the new stud through, but a little patience and it worked fine.

Last edited: