Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Fiesta ST Engine Replacement

Hello. My 2014 fiestas engine might be toast at 110k miles. Where do I buy a used or new engine replacement? I’d have the swap done in my garage.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello. My 2014 fiestas engine might be toast at 110k miles. Where do I buy a used or new engine replacement? I’d have the swap done in my garage.
Start checking local Junk yards or yard finder on the good old interweb! Or you could get fancy if you have the coin and get one from a vendor like Mountune.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
check craigslist, check car-parts.com that could clue you in to the local junkyards here. I would say you should be able to find a Escape engine which is the same as ours pretty easily somewhere in SoCal if not an engine directly out of a FiST. There are a lot of junkyards in SoCal.

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
It is a St Ecoboost 1.6l or it's non turbo 1.0 l engine... I send you a link to where to go and find
one

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
It’s for an ST
Yeah that’ll be great.

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Found an engine from a local junkyard. Pulled out the engine today. Going to order clutch fluids etc. anything else I should order ?
Engine Out: 3CDFD4F0-0E8C-4F56-B279-616ECC2A35F5.jpeg

Old engine :
1BA3B5CC-C5EF-42C7-BF49-36C96D383051.jpeg

Replacement Engine :
FC01C0A4-F157-42E6-9720-6C4EAB7DE5B1.jpeg

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Got the engine in and trans. Wired everything up. However the clutch pedal doesn’t have any pressure it just stays fully depressed in when I push it. I put a new slave cylinder. Any ideas ? Do I have to bleed the clutch ? Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got the engine in and trans. Wired everything up. However the clutch pedal doesn’t have any pressure it just stays fully depressed in when I push it. I put a new slave cylinder. Any ideas ? Do I have to bleed the clutch ? Thanks
There may need to be certain programs brought back online with a scantool or forscan*

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Clutch bleeding is a pain and hit/miss. Read up on it. I’m remote so I don’t have links.

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
So I have the engine and trans in. Clutch is bled. I hit start and it stalls out. I believe I’m not getting an fuel. I checked fuel lines all good. Any ideas on what to do ? Engines compression is good. The engine has 48k miles and was from an escape that suffered a front collision.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I have the engine and trans in. Clutch is bled. I hit start and it stalls out. I believe I’m not getting an fuel. I checked fuel lines all good. Any ideas on what to do ? Engines compression is good. The engine has 48k miles and was from an escape that suffered a front collision.
The CKP sensor/ crankshaft position sensor may need to be re-programmed.

Nikke21

Where would one get these sensor reprogrammed?
I have the same story but after the swap the check engine light shows p0365 and p0369