Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Fiesta ST lists 214 tq and 2019 lists 202

Headline says it all. I got this information out of the supplemental manuals.

2014: 214 lb-ft @ 5000 RPM on 93 octane
2019: 202 lb-ft @ 4200 RPM on 93 octane

Are these really different? Or did they just stop listing the "boost" effects come 2015?

Last edited:
IIRC the advertised power was with the overboost.. I could be wrong. I'd like to see a pic of what you're seeing though.

Weird, maybe the overboost is the reason why? Im curious to know the answer. And why would the hp be the same with the only difference being torque?

Thanks for posting those!

Horsepower is a function of RPM and Torque. Note, at 5250 RPM the horsepower will always match the torque produced at that engine speed. As a result if you have a torque curve you can calculate the horsepower at any engine speed covered by that torque curve. So, a 2014 engine with a torque peak of 214 ft.lbs. at 5000 RPM will produce horsepower = 214 x (5000 / 5250). For the 2019 engine the HP at peak torque will be a much lower number = 202 x (4250 / 5250).

Since both engines have 197 HP listed as maximum it's rather obvious that the 2014 engine had the torque drop off rather quickly between 5000 and 5250 RPM and the 2019 engine produces more torque that the 2014 engine somewhere past 5250 RPM.

I also suspect the differences are due to Ford installing a different "Tune" for the two engines in question.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Was that from a genuine Ford site or a third party site providing reprint of the data.
I am not sure I would go by that data and truthfully I would not worry about it. You either want to buy new or decide to buy second hand. If you wait to much longer you will not have a choice and will have to buy second anyways.

It says the 2019 one is an inline 4 (I4).. but the 2019 fiesta st is a 3 cylinder.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Ok that explains everything. The 2019 listed in that data sheet then is a European MK8 model vs the 2014 being the MK7.5
It says the 2019 one is an inline 4 (I4).. but the 2019 fiesta st is a 3 cylinder.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Did either of you go to the PDF? Both are for mk7 Fiesta STs - both refer to the i4 motor.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Did either of you go to the PDF? Both are for mk7 Fiesta STs - both refer to the i4 motor.
Saw the PDF Its a mish mash as well as the way the bore and stroke are worded is different but the numbers are same I am not sure that is genuine Ford I think its something somebody put together for a website.
I see that its based on the I4 but its possible those HP figures on the 2019 are from the I3 as technically though sold in the U.S. in 2019 its based off 2016/2017 manufacturing as by mid 2017 the UK and Europe had switched over to MK8 manufacturing. Go figure I call BS on all of it.

Saw the PDF Its a mish mash as well as the way the bore and stroke are worded is different but the numbers are same I am not sure that is genuine Ford I think its something somebody put together for a website.
I see that its based on the I4 but its possible those HP figures on the 2019 are from the I3 as technically though sold in the U.S. in 2019 its based off 2016/2017 manufacturing as by mid 2017 the UK and Europe had switched over to MK8 manufacturing. Go figure I call BS on all of it.
lol, which part is BS?
One COULD be from the UK but I would suspect they would have listed the hp lower than 197 (if one was a UK manual) because they arent able to advertise the hp the same as they can in the US.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
lol, which part is BS?
One COULD be from the UK but I would suspect they would have listed the hp lower than 197 (if one was a UK manual) because they arent able to advertise the hp the same as they can in the US.
you must have failed on reading what I wrote as you quoted a guy saying the exact sane thing I already had posted.

Someone already pointed out it could be UK info which I agreed to would make sense . Though then you mentioned the fact that it said 4 cylinder. Which it did and I pointed out that the American 2019 really was not a 2019 but a 2016/2017 model being still made here.
Which another guy stated after I had stated it and you gave him a thumbs up . lol

I said it was all BS because I said it seems to be a mish mash of data someone had put together and quite possibly not even actual Ford material but a rewrite . That is why I called it BS.
BS can be info wrongly put together to seem official or right but sometimes is not.

you must have failed on reading what I wrote as you quoted a guy saying the exact sane thing I already had posted.

Someone already pointed out it could be UK info which I agreed to would make sense . Though then you mentioned the fact that it said 4 cylinder. Which it did and I pointed out that the American 2019 really was not a 2019 but a 2016/2017 model being still made here.
Which another guy stated after I had stated it and you gave him a thumbs up . lol

I said it was all BS because I said it seems to be a mish mash of data someone had put together and quite possibly not even actual Ford material but a rewrite . That is why I called it BS.
BS can be info wrongly put together to seem official or right but sometimes is not.
Thanks for the very rude response, I was just trying to cause discussion which you arent able to do.

You just said bs so I was asking why you think that... Jesus Christ.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks for the very rude response, I was just trying to cause discussion which you arent able to do.

You just said bs so I was asking why you think that... Jesus Christ.
excuse me but your response came off incredulous and read like you had not bothered reading my posts.Nothing rude about my response and if you read your own post below from earlier in the thread it pretty much reads just like my post.
So apparently you can respond that way to others but no one else can respond that way to you? hmmm...

OP
EKFiestaST
Thread Starter #16
So looking more into this. It's only the 2014 listed at those numbers. 2015,16,17,18,19 all have the lower numbers as well. Very interesting.

felopr

No, you're correct and it doesn't. I'm just wondering as there's no real documented change on the numbers.
It could be a lot of factors when they rated the engine, cheap fuel, engine not the best of the best, heat etc etc