Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Fista exhaust upgrade help needed

I just recently purchased a Fista ST after wanting one for a while. I'm now interested in modding the car and getting more performance out of it. I'm looking on opinions on Exhaust. I'm looking at going with a 3" CBE but living in Louisville KY there isn't really anyone else with a Fiesta. Any information on what everyone thinks is the best as far as price, sound and performance.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Congrats and welcome aboard....

Here is our Fiesta ST exhaust system thread you might want to read through....

Fiesta ST Exhaust Thread

[HR][/HR]

FWIW I've had COBB's TBE installed on my FiST for well over a year now and am still extremely pleased with build quality and exhaust note...

Here is a sound clip from RallySportDirect which I think accurately represents what the exhaust system sounds like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M073FVWoVwc

[video=youtube;M073FVWoVwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M073FVWoVwc[/video]

Read through that thread, but to be 100% honest with you, Personally, the best sounding exhaust is COBB. Period. I have had it for 18k miles, and let me tell you. Not once have I been disappointed. I also have DHM catless downpipe which just adds to the beast. It is up to you in the end, but for a high quality exhaust and the best sounding note possible, COBB is worth the money over and over again.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to go listen to and compare them now. I had a friend say the MBRP 3" was really good for the money but that's just something he had heard and not experienced first hand.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Depends. Do you want single tip? Dual tip? Don't care?

Personally, I like my injen catback a lot. It does drone, but so will a MBRP cat back. I went with injen for the single tip and haven't regretted it yet.

I have the 409ss mbrp. I just purchased the DHM symposer delete to get rid of some of the drone. I really like the exhaust so far. My biggest complaint is the drone going over 80mph on the highway. Between 65-75 it's not bad at all. 3k to 4k rpm is loud but it mellows out after that. If you want something subtle this is not the exhaust for you.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
The tip doesn't matter, I actually prefer the single tip of the injen CBE but it's not make or break. Really the sound and price is what matters to me the most. The MBRP seems to have as many people that dislike it as those who like it.

another +1 for the MBRP 409 . The only thing I wish is that the exhaust was a little more permanent mounted. By that I mean you have many adjustments you can make when installing it, whereas the Cobb exhaust A bolts to B and B bolts to C and everything fits. So the MBRP takes a little more finesse to not bang around.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
I may end up going with the MBRP since it seems to be the best for the money. I can invest the 200 or so I will save into savings for a AP.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
I went with the MBRP, it was delivered today and I'm going to try to get under my car and install it this weekend. I'll let you all know my reaction when it's done. Thanks for the help everyone.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Aluminized MBRP here. It's been through one winter and going through the second. It's been fine and doesn't suffer the drone issues that the other materials do.

Ordered a t409ss MBRP today, hopefully will have it on the car thursday. Paid $491 shipped after tax from a local shop. Can't wait!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got mine through FSWerks in Anaheim, one of my very first mods. Lately went with the Cobb cat downpipe. Unbelievable difference in performance! It was coupled with an AP tune and then a dyno. Going to verify acceleration times,0-60, 50-100 in 6th etc. I don't need any more engine mods! Will post figures when done.

Ordered a t409ss MBRP today, hopefully will have it on the car thursday. Paid $491 shipped after tax from a local shop. Can't wait!

Geez, MBRP must be behind on their stuff. Just got an update today from them, mine won't ship till Feb 8th.

OP
S
Thread Starter #18
I picked up an aluminum one since it was cheaper and I couldn't really decide if I was going to like it. I'm running the stock DP and love the sound so far, I only have a slight amount of drone from around 2700 to 3000, after driving it for a couple of weeks I don't even notice it any more. Once I have a chance to get out without snow I will post a video of how it sounds. I do plan on going with a cobb DP and CIA of some kind in the near future along with a tune.