Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2014 ST Considering Sale

Trader history for D1JL (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am considering the sale of my 2014 ST with 52k miles.
Please see my build thread for photos and info. Click Here
There just too many things to list.
Sale will only be done in person so buyer can see what they will be getting.
The car will be sold as with all installed upgrades, in addition ALL original parts will be included and MANY spares.
Current asking price is $13K however, will consider offers.

Please, interested persons or for questions not covered by build page should contact by PM only.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am considering the sale of my 2014 ST with 52k miles.
Please see my build thread for photos and info. Click Here
Sale will only be done in person so buyer can see what they will be getting.
The car will be sold as with all installed upgrades, in addition ALL original parts will be included and MANY spares.
Current asking price is $13K however, will consider offers.

Please, interested persons or for questions not covered by build page should contact by PM only.
What?!?! You leaving us DAVE? This is a good example of a very well taken care of FiST! If you do sell it....Whoever gets it is really really lucky!

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #4
I am sorry, you will be stuck with me, I have no plans of leaving.
It is just time for the car to go

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #5
I have lowered the sale price of my car to $10K.
In order to lower the price, I have decided to remove things that are easy to take.

However, NO parts will be sold until after a deal is made on the car itself.
No promises will be made on ANY parts until after the car sale and the parts are listed for sale separately.

The price and offer in the first post of this thread is still valid, for the car as is with everything.
Even if you don't want all of the extra parts, you could sell them and recover some of your money.

BTW: the engine has never been modified, just a few bolt-ons, no extra holes were drilled.
Also please understand that many of the parts on this car were installed by the manufacturers to provide items that many others enjoy today.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I did NOT buy mine as an 'appreciating investment', or even as a not depreciating item, at all. (I bought mine new, KNOWING that this was the case.) [wink]

But then, I plan on owning (and enjoying!) mine until it either falls apart from rust, or there is no more motion lotion, anywhere to run it on.
Unlike most on here who will jump to the very next 'hot thing' to come down the pike, as soon as it is released, and have to sell their FiSTs at a BIG 'loss', to get into.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, I did NOT buy mine as an 'appreciating investment', or even as a not depreciating item, at all. (I went into it KNOWING that this was the case.) [wink]

But then, I plan on owning mine until it either falls apart from rust, or there is no more motion lotion, anywhere to run it on.
Unlike most on here who will jump to the very next 'hot thing' to come down the pike, as soon as it is released, and have to sell their FiSTs at a loss to get into.
Amen Brother...I am the same way!

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I did NOT buy mine as an 'appreciating investment', or even as a not depreciating item, at all. (I bought mine new, KNOWING that this was the case.) [wink]

But then, I plan on owning (and enjoying!) mine until it either falls apart from rust, or there is no more motion lotion, anywhere to run it on.
Unlike most on here who will jump to the very next 'hot thing' to come down the pike, as soon as it is released, and have to sell their FiSTs at a loss to get into.
Not planning on selling mine either. Based on how much I drive it, it might last as long as I do lol.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #11
I never expect to recoup my investment in the cars I have owned and there have been many.
I have modified them because I enjoyed it.
I am not selling it because I need the money, as this car is costing me nothing except insurance.
I just don't use it and I have two other cars so, it is just time for it to go.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #12
I'll buy the hitch tow hook receiver you made ;)
Now, to be clear, as I said I am not removing and selling any parts until the car is sold.
So, if you want a GAURRANTY on any parts, BUY the car. :)

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Now, to be clear, as I said I am not removing and selling any parts until the car is sold.
So, if you want a GAURRANTY on any parts, BUY the car. :)
If I didn’t own one, I’d buy yours complete WITH that fancy tow ring. Your car is perfect and a smoking deal.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #15
Deal pending for the car with all the extras.

I am kind of glad and sad.:unsure:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just saw this thread, my heart sank. Glad to hear you have a sale pending. I get it....you have several other cars and one has to go. I've been in that situation before. If you're not using it often, and have (my words not yours) grown bored of it, why keep it? Get something else or drive the others that are more appealing to you.

That said, after driving for 32 years I'm convinced that the FiST is one of the most well-put-together drivers cars in that time, and that reason alone reminds me that it's not one to sell. Only this car and my 1991 SE-R are ones I'd not sell for this reason.

Then again, sometimes you just outgrow a car - age, or size, or maybe tired of clutching...and it's time to move on. I could end up in that spot one day, who knows?

What are your others cars, out of curiosity?

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #18
@jeff please don't misunderstand, I have not gotten bored of it (as you said).
I love this car and of the many I have owned over the years it one of the most fun to drive.
Being fully retired now I just don't go out any more.
For the last year (long before this virus thing) except for going to doctors appointments, I have been self quarantined.
With 3 cars now the FiST is just the easiest to let go of.
It is not for the money as all our cars are fully paid for so the only cost is maintenance and insurance.

So, here it is, my wife has a Honda Fit and won't let it go for anything.
My mother at 90 years young (and still drives) will NOT get into the FiST so that leaves the Ford Edge that I help her around in.

The goal is that once my mother stops driving together (I think she should now) I have convinced my wife to get rid of both the Fit and Edge.
Then we would buy one new car to cover all bases.
Something like a Ford Edge ST.
This way my mother will ride in it because it is still an Edge, my wife will drive it because it is auto-trans and I get the turbo.

Fiestig

@D1JL I don't want to change the path of the thread. Just helpful info. I drove an Edge ST and was pretty unimpressed and dissappointed with the overall lack of oomph and functionality. However the Explorer ST is a gentle giant when it needs to be and an epic beast when you want it to be. It is really fun and functional. The only downside is it does feel bigger than the previous year sport version, so it takes a bit of getting use to. Just a small tidbit of info for you.

OP
D1JL

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #20
@Fiestig,There are no definite plans and we are talking years off.
You are correct, the Explorer ST would be better but I do have to please my mother.
I tried to put her in an Explorer before and she wasn't happy.
Maybe things will change in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.