Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Problems

I am a new owner of a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST. I bought a used one and I love it more than anything I have ever drove. Sadly I am having one problem with it. When I slow down, I put it into neutral. when I do so, the car shuts off on me. then I cant get the car to turn over to start driving again or if I do, it takes forever to turn over. my guess is the purge valve is going bad. if anyone has any input about the problem and what it might be and how to fix it, please let me know!!

I had the same thing with my 16. I'm almost certain it was bad gas

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

zanethan

I am a new owner of a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST. I bought a used one and I love it more than anything I have ever drove. Sadly I am having one problem with it. When I slow down, I put it into neutral. when I do so, the car shuts off on me. then I cant get the car to turn over to start driving again or if I do, it takes forever to turn over. my guess is the purge valve is going bad. if anyone has any input about the problem and what it might be and how to fix it, please let me know!!
Mine started doing something very similar. I opted to trade mine in cause it would happen at the worst possible time causing me to no longer trust it. I took it to the dealer and they updated the PCM which seemed to stop it but I cannot verify if it actually solved the issue.

Edit.
Your 2015 wouldnt happen to be Molten Orange with around 20k on it would it?

OP
BenSanta
Thread Starter #5
Mine started doing something very similar. I opted to trade mine in cause it would happen at the worst possible time causing me to no longer trust it. I took it to the dealer and they updated the PCM which seemed to stop it but I cannot verify if it actually solved the issue.

Edit.
Your 2015 wouldnt happen to be Molten Orange with around 20k on it would it?
No its not, its a 2015 in Green Envy. Why do you ask?

zanethan

No its not, its a 2015 in Green Envy. Why do you ask?
I was curious if you ended up with my old FiST. I’d take it to the dealer for diagnostic though, there may be pending codes that aren’t triggering a check engine light.