Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 Fiesta ST vs Base Model Fiesta parts compatibility

Hey guys. New to the Fiesta forums. Let's start off by saying that I am interested in buying a Fiesta ST due to my brother owning a 2006 Honda S2000 that is turbocharged. Driving his car made me want a good handling turbo car that is a hatchback, and the Fiesta is the best looking in my opinion out of all of them. So let's get to the point of this thread.... I have been searching for months now for a Fiesta ST across all platforms: Craigslist, Offerup, IAAI, Copart, and other sources. I recently ran across a Fiesta ST that is playing on copart auto auction. So my question is this: how compatible are parts between base model Fiestas and ST's. My plan is to buy this ST and to source a clean title, unmolested base model Fiesta and transfer basically everything that makes a Fiesta ST an ST if that makes sense. Things like motor/tranny, recaro interior, brakes, suspension, sway bars, etc. Are these two cars compatible with each other and what else makes the ST model different from the base model? Thank you so much in advance for your help and replies.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
But why???

If low entry price is a concern ( and buying a wrecked hulk off of co-part is not an issue to you) why not just buy a salvaged Fiesta ST?

Save yourself the hassle and buy a running car. I've seen them as cheap as $7-8k, with low miles and fully repaired.

A clean base Fiesta is like $3-4k in addition to whatever the wrecked FiST costs. Seems like too much work for a cheap car.

And I know working on cheap cars: I've built many fox Mustangs/civics from CL and junkyard parts.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

The newer cars get, the more difficult it becomes to swap parts around like that and retain full functionality and at a low enough price for it to make $ense. I see you're kinda local, in WA at least. Here's one down by me with RPF1's already on it and Recaros: https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/cto/d/2016-ford-fiesta-st/6684317412.html

I'm going to assume your budget is on the lower side for wanting to do this kind of project, but if you can afford to just buy a car between 10-12k, do it. Drivetrain swaps are fun, sure. I did one a couple years ago on my 2006 Mustang, converting it from a V6 to a V8. That said, I would totally buy a running/driving Fiesta before trying to do a swap.