Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Navigation Update effect COBB tune?

Asked the dealer today if there were any updates for the Navigation on my 16 FiST. Service writer said he would get back to me, i asked if they have to hook anything up to the OBD2 connector to let me know first. First i don't want them finding out i have a tune on it, ill uninstall the tune before i take it in anyways. Second if they have to update the ECU/Nav system will it affect me reconnecting my Accessport?

The Sync 3 nav updates have been on hold for a while. Anytime you bring your car into the dealer it’s a safe bet to reflash to stock just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
You'll need to unmarry the AP - otherwise, it will be a problem. I had this exact issue - I got Cobb to agree to allow me to re-marry the AP without paying a fee, as it refused because the dealer changed the state of the ECU by reflash.

My understanding is that the dealer will always know if you had tunes on the car, there's a "counter" in the ECU that keeps track of flashes.

But, I don't think that they can claim that the warranty is null and void if the issue is unrelated to the tune. I brought my FiST to them as-is, with Stage 3 OTS tune for warranty work - not a peep.