Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS 2017 Shadow Black - Recaro, non-nav - PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION

Trader history for Dirttwurk (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Unfortunately I got a light hit on the right rear quarter the other day. The car is going into the body shop to be repaired on Tuesday. My current plan is to have it repaired and then remove all of the mods and trade the car in. I have extensive knowledge in the automotive field and am confident that the damage is purely superficial. Sheetmetal damage is on the quarter panel only. The car drives & tracks straight and is not making any rattles or otherwise strange noises. None the less, I am extremely ocd, and just knowing that it has been repaired will bother me. Maybe it wont bother someone else if they get a good price. I know that I'm going to take a loss on the car, and I'm pretty bummed because I really like this car, but it is what it is I suppose. Anyways, I figured I'd post it up here with all of the mods still on the car to sell after I get it back from the body shop, and see if there is any interest.

I'm the original owner, purchased the car new in december 2017. I have the title, there are no liens. It currently has 11,400 miles. Besides the obvious damage, there are no scratches chips or dings anywhere else on it. The interior is in excellent condition. It has clear Xpel clear wrap on the entire front bumper & hood, headlights & foglights, mirrors, and half of the front fenders. I've never tracked the car and don't drive it in the snow, or when the roads are heavily salted/sanded. I basically only commute to work about 15 miles each way, mostly highway. The back seat has never been used and the passenger front has been sat in maybe 6 times. The first oil change was @ 500 miles, then 3000, with each subsequent change @ 3000 miles from there. I run the large motorcraft filter & motorcraft full synthetic. Trans has Motul DCTF @ 9000 miles. Pretty much all of the bolt-ons were installed between 1000-3000 miles. I have all of the original parts and they can go with the car along with a few extras.

OEM euro headlights with PIAA bulbs, diode dynamics fogs, SpecD taillights (I'm putting the stock taillights back in before I drop it off at the body shop because my SpecD's do not leak and I don't want the body shop people fiddling with them)
Cobb AP with mountune & stratified tunes on Cobb a-pillar mount
Mountune radiator
R-Sport pro 300 intercooler
ST200 airbox, RAMAIR silicone induction tube & crossover pipe, symposer delete, pre 16' evap hoses
MBRP hotside charge pipe, Whoosh intercooler hoses, Mountune intercooler hose clamps
GFB DV+
Damond OCC
ADF customs skid/belly pan. Nopistons evap canister skidplate
Mountune/Rallyarmor mudflaps
Mountune cat-back exhaust & poly hangers(I also have the mountune DP uninstalled, new in the box)
Mountune lower chassis brace
Mountune RMM
Swift springs with Bilstein B8 front struts, Powerflex rear coil spring pads. (The rear shocks are still on never-ending backorder)
FSwerks short throw shift kit & Ford Carbon shift knob
Nopistons 3/8" pedal spacer
Boosted designs dead pedal
Ambient dash light bar from pre 16'
Set of Husky liner floormats, set of Ford all weather ST floormats, and original carpeted floormats. Ford Rubber trunk floor mat. ST seat cover on driver seat
Front headrests from a Titanium fiesta (Smaller than the stock Recaro headrests)
Rear windows 35% tint, front 37%
OZ formula 4 HLT wheels...but that's moot since one of them is rashed from the accident. The Original wheels will be put back on the car. They are the charcoal colored ones.

I think that I've covered most of it, but its possible that I've forgotten a few things. I'll update if I remember anything else, or feel free to ask any specific questions.

I've spoken to them and have an idea of what my dealer is going to offer on trade in, so I'll start off here by asking $15,000 open to offers. Located near New Haven, CT.

IMG_20180511_124309313_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190531_141813002_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190531_141721528_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190531_083452118_HDR.jpg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry to hear about this though ya it does look complettly fixable!

Are you parting? If so I want the R sport Pro 300 intercooler and possibly the Mountune chassis brace!

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #3
Just to clarify for those that have asked, I'll be posting the aftermarket parts up on the forum if no one is interested in the car. Most likely in about a month.

Last edited:
OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #5
car modded as is for 15k?
The body damage on the car will be repaired first, then for sale with the mods still installed. I just put the original wheels & taillights back on today. Sorry if that was not clear in my original post.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Wow, I'd really try to get over knowing just a simple quarter panel was replaced. It may be cheaper to get some therapy for that instead of taking such a huge loss on an otherwise perfect car, and I'm not being facetious at all. You really should consider at least holding on to it for a while, enjoy all the work and mods you've put into it and taking a very small loss later when the CarFax shows a repair but still clean title. You are entitled to 100% good as new repair with OEM parts. I'd give it a year and see how you feel, the car is going to be like new and you've set it up nicely to enjoy for a while.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #9
Yeah, I know what you mean...I've been thinking about it. The body shop is actually replacing the quarter panel right now, I guess they said they needed to have one shipped from Michigan. It's a nice car, I like it, but I know myself well enough to know that its just going to bug me for the rest of the time that I own it. I'm probably just going to trade it in on a new truck. My current one is getting pretty worn out, and I need a better tow vehicle to haul the dirtbikes around.

On the semi up side, I had an extra OZ wheel with a light bend from a pothole several months back. I was able to have it straightened & trued, so at least I have a complete set of OZ wheels now. The one that was on the car when it was hit is toast.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I know what you mean...I've been thinking about it. The body shop is actually replacing the quarter panel right now, I guess they said they needed to have one shipped from Michigan. It's a nice car, I like it, but I know myself well enough to know that its just going to bug me for the rest of the time that I own it. I'm probably just going to trade it in on a new truck. My current one is getting pretty worn out, and I need a better tow vehicle to haul the dirtbikes around.

On the semi up side, I had an extra OZ wheel with a light bend from a pothole several months back. I was able to have it straightened & trued, so at least I have a complete set of OZ wheels now. The one that was on the car when it was hit is toast.
If it's an OEM part and literally just a quarter panel with zero frame or structure damage, then I guess I just can't relate to that level of OCD.. I mean what if some dick walked up and scratched it so deep it needed a little bondo? or the bumper cover needed replacing? Would it bug you so much you have to sell it? Maybe there's more to the accident you're letting on to, otherwise I'd REALLY hate to be your waiter at a restaurant, LOL.. I mean you got wheels repaired but want to dump a whole car over a completely replaced, not repaired, but OEM replaced quarter panel... hey, it's your money and you're being honest man, but that doesn't sound like a very healthy thing bro...buuut, maybe you do need a truck more anyway and didn't want to admit that to FiST fanatics, LOL.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #11
I am pretty OCD, particularly when it comes to paint & bodywork. I probably would sell the car in any of those examples too. Just as a point of reference, that wheel that I had repaired is actually the spare rim...when it was dinged by the pothole, I imported a replacement from Italy. Hopefully I'm not coming off as condescending, it's certainly not my intent. But, like we've discussed, my needs have also changed at this point, so I could use a more suitable vehicle. Not trying to scam anyone or otherwise be dishonest about anything. I've had tons of different vehicles, lurked around a bunch of different forums, and truly believe that the people on the fist forum are some of the most down to earth, level headed people that I've encountered. I figured I'd offer the car up here to the community, as there is value to me in not having to remove all of the parts that I installed not so long ago, maybe someone could save a few bucks, and know the full history of the car. Realistically, if/when I trade this car in, it will probably go to auction and end up on some dealer lot for probably like 17-18k. I could be completely wrong about it, but who knows...maybe someone new will end up on here in the future, modding this very car. I guess only time will tell.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #12
Car is no longer for sale. Admins please close thread.

Parts will be listed on the FS forum soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.