Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 Master Cylinder

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I was reading up on the ST200 version of the MK6 chassis that they got it Europe and I saw that this model has an upgraded master cylinder (and upgraded rear brakes)

motortrend

Has anyone looked into this? What would the benefit be? Currently running a bigger brake kit and more pressure could be nice.

Something [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] would possibly import?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I was reading up on the ST200 version of the MK6 chassis that they got it Europe and I saw that this model has an upgraded master cylinder (and upgraded rear brakes)

motortrend

Has anyone looked into this? What would the benefit be? Currently running a bigger brake kit and more pressure could be nice.

Something [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] would possibly import?
interesting
will check it out

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Interested in what you find.

They supposedly have upgraded clutch disc / pressure plates as well.
it is and I have the prices and part numbers for that kit but without knowing the holding capacity increase over the standard ST it's 3x the price of the OEM replacement so I have not offered them

Sekred

1000 Post Club
it is and I have the prices and part numbers for that kit but without knowing the holding capacity increase over the standard ST it's 3x the price of the OEM replacement so I have not offered them
Really?. If you are referring to the ST 200 clutch kit, it is about $80.00 AUD more than the ST 180 kit. Those prices are from the PumaSpeed website.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/car-Fiesta-ST-180-16-Ecoboost_1_326.jsp

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thats insane. I saw someone selling an OOB new one for GBP300 shipped, thats like $400, for just the disc.

koozy

3000 Post Club
it only makes sense if you're BIG TURBO or pushing the limits of the stock clutch assembly and want an OE quality upgrade. In my case I would get the ST200 setup over the Spec Clutch options.

ST200 clutch kits (pressure plate/disc) are around ~$460 shipped. They are made by AP Racing.

Spec Stage 2+ start around ~$540.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Both clutches (ST 180 and ST 200) are manufactured by AP Racing. It make no sense that one is 3 times the price of the other considering in the UK where both vehicles were sold the price difference is 20%.
Here is Australia the OEM clutch (ST 180) is $650.00.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Both clutches (ST 180 and ST 200) are manufactured by AP Racing. It make no sense that one is 3 times the price of the other considering in the UK where both vehicles were sold the price difference is 20%.
I hate it for y'all it's only $100 in America.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
it only makes sense if you're BIG TURBO or pushing the limits of the stock clutch assembly and want an OE quality upgrade. In my case I would get the ST200 setup over the Spec Clutch options.

ST200 clutch kits (pressure plate/disc) are around ~$460 shipped. They are made by AP Racing.

I would only do that if I was sticking with a DMFW. Going SMFW you should get a sprung clutch disc.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
could be a price hiccup in the US Ford system for our replacement but it's the AP kit and super cheap
the ST200 is not available here so the price A LOT more than our stock kit to import

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I am totally with you on the whole Spec Clutch thing! [thumb]

I would rather deal with an absolutely 'un-streetable, on-off switch' full-on racing clutch (like a multi-disc AP Racing, Tilton, QuarterMaster, etc.) than to deal with all of the headache of the Spec stuff! LOL