Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Guy Who Needs Some Advice

Hey everyone!

I am actually not a new Fiesta owner, since I purchased mine last April. But I am ready to start being a smart one. I test drove a white 2015 Fiesta ST and absolutely loved it, bought it without questioning it much. That being said there were modifications on it, and I really do not know much about any of that world. I loved the year driving around low to the ground, loud blow off valve every-time I let off the throttle, backfired, and the flashy gold wheels. But now I am ready to calm this thing down a bit and make it perfect to my liking, and I could use some help.

I will be making the road trip from Arizona to Rhode Island in this thing late may, so looking to make changes ASAP.

Here are the things I am thinking about doing in order or priority. I am still a college student with a pretty low budget, so need to keep that in mind when looking for things.

1. Suspension
-Right now I am sitting on some springs that I have begun to absolutely hate. It rides pretty shitty if I am not on a perfectly flat road, and I can take a hard turn without feeling like I am rubbing or scrapping the ground.
-From what I have read I am thinking of going to the stock suspension. I have heard great things and will not be tracking this anytime soon. Does this make sense instead of buying adjustable coils?
-Where should I look for a stock suspension? What do I need to buy exactly? What id a fair price range?

2. Blow Off
-It is way too loud. I need a new one, maybe a stock one that is not going to annoy me or scream for attention

3. Gold wheels
-What is the best way to go about changing this? Ordering new wheels all together? Or just painting the XXR's that I have on them now?

4. Exhaust
-I am pretty sure I have a down pipe, and I really do love the sound. But I would like to quite this down a tiny bit, especially for cruising long distances on the highway.

Any tips are appreciated!

Thank you everyone and I am happy to be a part of the group.

Attachments

Mikey456

I like the look of your car... but if you want a more comfortable ride just look around for stock parts on the forum. Go for stock springs and a higher profile tire like 215 size tire vs the 205. It seems more guys are going to the aftermarket for parts than going back to stock, so the parts should be easier to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spork1569

Hey everyone!

I am actually not a new Fiesta owner, since I purchased mine last April. But I am ready to start being a smart one. I test drove a white 2015 Fiesta ST and absolutely loved it, bought it without questioning it much. That being said there were modifications on it, and I really do not know much about any of that world. I loved the year driving around low to the ground, loud blow off valve every-time I let off the throttle, backfired, and the flashy gold wheels. But now I am ready to calm this thing down a bit and make it perfect to my liking, and I could use some help.

I will be making the road trip from Arizona to Rhode Island in this thing late may, so looking to make changes ASAP.

Here are the things I am thinking about doing in order or priority. I am still a college student with a pretty low budget, so need to keep that in mind when looking for things.

1. Suspension
-Right now I am sitting on some springs that I have begun to absolutely hate. It rides pretty shitty if I am not on a perfectly flat road, and I can take a hard turn without feeling like I am rubbing or scrapping the ground.
-From what I have read I am thinking of going to the stock suspension. I have heard great things and will not be tracking this anytime soon. Does this make sense instead of buying adjustable coils?
-Where should I look for a stock suspension? What do I need to buy exactly? What id a fair price range?

2. Blow Off
-It is way too loud. I need a new one, maybe a stock one that is not going to annoy me or scream for attention

3. Gold wheels
-What is the best way to go about changing this? Ordering new wheels all together? Or just painting the XXR's that I have on them now?

4. Exhaust
-I am pretty sure I have a down pipe, and I really do love the sound. But I would like to quite this down a tiny bit, especially for cruising long distances on the highway.

Any tips are appreciated!

Thank you everyone and I am happy to be a part of the group.
As for the BOV I would check and see if the previous person installed the boomba adapter only, that would be easy to remove and get back to stock noise.

If they actually switched out the stock diverted valve I have a stock one I just romoved off the car in favor of a DV+ I just installed.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome. I am sure you could find some stock suspension cheap. Honestly though you might want to try some good aftermarket Springs like Swifts.

They will not lower you too much and that should help your ride but you need to find out if you are on stock or aftermarket shocks and how many miles are on them. Wheels you could jist paint. Exhaust again you need to find out what you have.

Last edited:
1. Going back to stock springs would probably be your easiest and cheapest fix. Best place to find some will probably be Facebook marketplace or one of the global Facebook groups, of the market on this forum.

2. I'm gonna mirror what was said earlier, it could be that you just have the Boomba BOV Adapter(https://www.google.com/amp/www.boombaracing.com/amp/fiesta-st-blow-off-valve-bov-adapter/). In which case it's super easy to just remove that and go back to the quietness of stock.

3. Personal preference, I've got no good input. But like the look [emoji1303]

4. The downpipe probably doesn't affect your sound much, you could be straight piped or missing a resonator. Easiest fix would be to find a new catback setup you like and go with that or just go find a stock system for sale.

Hope this helps!! And best of luck with the road trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will trade you Stock Black wheels with good tires for your Gold wheels and tires if your interested.

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I am going to be searching the forum here for some stock springs then. So anyone that can point me in right direction would be great. I paid a lot for these tires lol so think i will keep them for now and go with something higher profile when I need some new ones.

As for the boomba adapter. How can I check to see where this would be? I asked a friend who knew a lot about cars (not specifically the Fiesta) but he could not even see the BOV and said he thinks maybe the past owner relocated it to enhance noise as well. No idea where to look.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
Would I be able to confirm that I am stock springs without getting it on a lift at all?

Spork1569

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I am going to be searching the forum here for some stock springs then. So anyone that can point me in right direction would be great. I paid a lot for these tires lol so think i will keep them for now and go with something higher profile when I need some new ones.

As for the boomba adapter. How can I check to see where this would be? I asked a friend who knew a lot about cars (not specifically the Fiesta) but he could not even see the BOV and said he thinks maybe the past owner relocated it to enhance noise as well. No idea where to look.
The Blow off valve is in kind of a weird location, my last car which was a veloster turbo had it right next to the intake right under the front shroud. That was a dream to access as all you had to do was remove the top screws to the bumper.

For this one you have to lift the car off on the front and remove the passenger side wheel, then you can access the diverter valve through the wheel well. Here is an install of the adapter so you can get an idea of where to start.
[video]https://youtu.be/InwriOx46aI[/video]