Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 and 2016 Simultaneous Build

Yo, It's been awhile but I've finally made the commitment to Mod my two Fiestas! My 2018 St and 2016 SE. I'm gonna make my ultimate Joy Ride and Daily.

I'm really kinda cheating on the whole two builds thing since I'm mainly going to build my ST and move over some of the parts to the SE and mainly just running maintenance on the SE and also put in a few fun little mods. :cool:

I don't really have a full list of parts yet. (it takes me awhile to decide) The ST is on top with the SE on the bottom.

I'll update this post as I buy parts and install. Everything on here is either going to be what I have decided to or installed. I'm going to be prioritizing maintenance for the SE and ST first and then prepping the ST for the power mods. My goal is to run them both as clean and efficient as possible as well as making them both fun cars to drive.

Engine Mounts:
PowerFlex bushings and Rear Motor Mount for both

Plugs:
NGK Ruthenium step colder for both. (Ordered)

Driveline:
Whoosh Short Shifter

Headlights:
LED for both

Intake:
Cobb CAI
K&N High Flow Installed

Intercooler:
Pro Alloy Comp Spec.

Suspension:
BC BR Single Adjustable Linear
Ford Motorcraft

Turbo:
???

Manifold:
???

Exhaust:
???
ST Stock

Cooling:
??? I'm stuck trying to choose between the mishimoto and the mountune one for both

Brakes:
Big Brake upgrade
ST Stock (steel lines ordered)

Thermostat:
Motorcraft 180 for both. (Ordered)

COBB Accessport for the ST

OCC for both (maybe)

New Headlights on both

Replace the Springs and bushing for the SE

New Serpentine belt for the SE installed

New Spark Plug Harnesses for both

New injectors for both

There's a bunch of other stuff but I'm not gonna focus on them just yet otherwise I'm going to overwhelm myself.

Last edited:
Suggestions.

First, get the Mountune Radiator. It is an absolutely perfect fit in regards to the Factory mount and the Fan Shroud. Word is the Mishimoto requires some "tweaking" to get it to fit. As for the higher cost the easier installation is well worth that cost.

I can also assure you that the Function is fantastic and you do not need a 180 degree thermostat!. In fact I believe that all that lower temperature thermostat will do is kill your fuel economy. This engine is most efficient at the factory temperature and the loss in efficiency when it gets cold is noticeable. Last winter when it got into the 20's my city mileage dropped to just 29 mpg. Now that it's gotten warmer I'm seeing 32-33 mph again. On my last fillup I must have been some "wondergas" because with near 200 miles on the tank I'm only just under 3/4 tank on the gage and the mileage tattletail is showing 36.1 mpg and that has been 100% City driving. I noticed a 3 mpg increase in mileage last summer after installing the Mountune radiator but this tankful I'm seeing an additional 2 mpg. Still scratching my head over that because my driving really hasn't changed. Must have been the Italian Tuneup I did for Christmas, drove down to Lexington, VA to my sisters for the holiday week and did wring the car out just a tad a time or two.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
This one will be interesting to follow. Also I'll add that I'm running the Mishimoto radiator and shroud and it's been great so far.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #5
Have you started any of this yet, or just planning? What’s your first move?
Yea, I'm starting with the bushings first. I've already got the powerflex engine mount bushings for both of them. They make the biggest changes in ride quality in my opinion especially when It's got some miles on the car. My ST only has 20k while my SE has 80K on them. Currently, the ST has very little engine shake when I shift or accelerate but the SE feels kinda laggy when it comes to putting its power to the road. I remember when I first go it had a spring in its step.

Everything on the SE is OE so far, I've had no issues but I've benched the car for the time being until I can finish the maintenance. It need new plugs, belt , brakes, water pump, bushings etc.

I'm gonna end up doing all the power mods sorta last simply because I am using my ST as my daily for the time being when it was just supposed to be my weekend joy ride. So maintenance and prep are my priority right now.

I might still do the COB CAI and maybe the intercooler without the tune since I know it doesn't "need" one right away. But I'm still undecided on that. I want to but I also know I really should get the accessport first. Like I said earlier It takes me a long time to decide.

Last edited:
OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #6
Suggestions.

First, get the Mountune Radiator. It is an absolutely perfect fit in regards to the Factory mount and the Fan Shroud. Word is the Mishimoto requires some "tweaking" to get it to fit. As for the higher cost the easier installation is well worth that cost.

I can also assure you that the Function is fantastic and you do not need a 180 degree thermostat!. In fact I believe that all that lower temperature thermostat will do is kill your fuel economy. This engine is most efficient at the factory temperature and the loss in efficiency when it gets cold is noticeable. Last winter when it got into the 20's my city mileage dropped to just 29 mpg. Now that it's gotten warmer I'm seeing 32-33 mph again. On my last fillup I must have been some "wondergas" because with near 200 miles on the tank I'm only just under 3/4 tank on the gage and the mileage tattletail is showing 36.1 mpg and that has been 100% City driving. I noticed a 3 mpg increase in mileage last summer after installing the Mountune radiator but this tankful I'm seeing an additional 2 mpg. Still scratching my head over that because my driving really hasn't changed. Must have been the Italian Tuneup I did for Christmas, drove down to Lexington, VA to my sisters for the holiday week and did wring the car out just a tad a time or two.
I'm all about easy workflow. So I think I might take you up on that advice for the radiator. The SE has a slightly different radiator set up so I'm gonna have to look up what my options are gonna be on that car.

I live in Southern California so I don't necessarily need to worry about cold weather like that but I do make trips up north enough times where I can see this being a potential issue.

I hear that tunings can make a huge difference. Generally, I get anywhere from 250-300 miles on a full tank but that really depends on traffic conditions here.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #7
This one will be interesting to follow. Also I'll add that I'm running the Mishimoto radiator and shroud and it's been great so far.
Nice! I've heard good things about that radiator, that's why I'm having trouble picking between the two.

Scooter mentioned that you have to adjust to fit the mishimoto, did you have to do anything like that?

Also I would love to know what kind of build everyone here has.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Nice! I've heard good things about that radiator, that's why I'm having trouble picking between the two.

Scooter mentioned that you have to adjust to fit the mishimoto, did you have to do anything like that?

Also I would love to know what kind of build everyone here has.
Not sure my use case is the best comparison point, I rebuilt a salvage car - you can find details in my build thread - https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/blue-track-street-build-salvage-restoration.25868/

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #10
I ordered the new plugs and thermostat and installed the new serpentine belt in my SE

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #11
The steel brake lines and short shifter came in. Install and pics coming after the weekend

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #12
Just finished putting in the PowerFlex mounts in both SE and ST. I also changed out the rubber brake lines on the SE for steel and changed the brake pads for a low dust ceramic pad. The install of the Whoosh Short Shifter was surprisingly easy. I took out the battery and then realized I really only needed to remove the airbox, lol. NVH has increased on both cars but it really isn't all that noticeable unless at low speeds. once you get up to speed it really doesn't overpower the sound system. Which is good enough for me. I still need to add in a RMM for the SE tho.

Attachments