Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Ford EcoSport coming to US

I see that Ford has announced the new EcoSport at the LA Auto show. It's not the same as the spy photos shown by the OP,
because the EcoSport has a large back hatch/door, with hinges on the left, so it opens like a door not a hatch.
2018-Ford-EcoSport-107-1-876x535.jpg

Though it's being introduced in USA as a 2018 Model, even though it's been sold in India and Brazil for many years
Car and Driver says the engine with the 2WD version is the 3 cyl, 1.0L Turbo engine, with an automatic tranny.
Should get pretty good MPG, at the expense of 0-60 in nearly 10 Seconds?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The EcoSport was a huge clue to the direction of the next Fiesta. The current EcoSport is very much a Fiesta, right down the same interior. With the new EcoSport, I am confident much of the design language will carry over. I also wonder how many of those prototype Fiesta's that have been photographed are actually EcoSport mules.

OP
V
Thread Starter #3
Apparently FORD is going to import the ECOSPORT from India, were its been made for several years
Here's Ford India's web site for it.
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport
The price they quote there is 693,000 Rupees, which comes to about $10,000 !!
I'm guess we will pay much more.
And the MPG they quote 18.88 KM/l comes to 44MPG

Its actually made in Brazil but hopefully they fix the quality issues for the second gen because the European markets have not been kind to the model.

I'd expect 15k-24k range.

OP
V
Thread Starter #5
Its actually made in Brazil but hopefully they fix the quality issues for the second gen because the European markets have not been kind to the model.

I'd expect 15k-24k range.
According to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoSport
Ford makes it in Brazil, India, Thailand and Russia

According to NBC News.
The one they are going to import to the US, will be made in India
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/ford-s-newest-car-carries-made-india-label-n684761

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/14/2018-ford-ecosport-subcompact-suv-america/

Published 11/14/16- AutoBlog

You knew it was coming, and here it is: Ford officially pulled the covers off its EcoSport subcompact SUV today ahead of the LA Auto Show. The timing could hardly be better. According to Ford, there were about 70,000 subcompact 'utes sold in 2011, which makes the 276,000 sold in 2015 a four-fold increase. And by 2020, the Blue Oval expects 2015's total to double. Considering the Ford EcoSport is the best-selling compact SUV outside the United States, the automaker seems likely to become a segment leader in short order.

The Ford EcoSport is nothing if not cute. The automaker's well-worn and angular fascia leads the way, followed by a steeply raked windshield. Upright sides and muscular wheel arches lead the eyes to a prominent C-pillar. Faux skid plates front and rear join lower-bodyside cladding to lend a modestly appropriate off-road look. Not that anyone will ever actually take an EcoSport very far off the beaten path, of course. Four trim levels will be available, starting with S, moving to SE, SES, and finally Titanium. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Inside, the EcoSport can look mature or extroverted, with the SES model getting copper trim and seat accents. An eight-inch screen floats above the center stack and features Sync 3, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, all of which can send tunes through an optional 10-speaker, 675-watt B&O PLAY audio system from Harman.

Power comes from either a 1.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost three-cylinder for front-wheel-drive models or a 2.0-liter four-cylinder for buyers who opt for four-wheel drive. Horsepower and fuel efficiency aren't yet available, but both engines will be paired with a six-speed automatic transmission when the EcoSport goes on sale in early 2018.

If you want to see the new EcoSport in person, you're in luck... assuming you live near Hollywood, that is. Register here for tickets to Ford's Go Small, Live Big experience, which runs on for two nights starting on Tuesday, November 15. There'll be plenty of live music and Snapchatting, along with lots of local food vendors, and, um... tiny houses. And even a bunch of tiny rescue animals ? hedgehogs! ? and exercise equipment.

[HR][/HR][h=4]Nov 14, 2016 | LOS ANGELES | Ford Media[/h]

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...1/14/all-new-ecosport-fords-smallest-suv.html

http://www.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/?...sport&ef_id=V2gjKQAAASAbvxmN:20161118222052:s

Go Small, Live Big with All-New EcoSport - Ford's Smallest SUV with the Biggest Personality

• Ford introduces all-new EcoSport for North America today during the world?s first-ever Snapchat vehicle reveal; event kicks off a three-day interactive experience in Hollywood open to the public through Wednesday
  • Fun, capable and connected, EcoSport gives drivers the freedom and versatility to go small and live big
  • Technology ? including SYNC 3 with a high-resolution 8-inch floating touch screen, Apple CarPlay? and Android Auto? ? easily integrates your smartphone and

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I find it ugly and frumpy. The Mazda cx-3 also shares our underpinnings and looks waaay better

OP
V
Thread Starter #8
I find it ugly and frumpy. The Mazda cx-3 also shares our underpinnings and looks waaay better
The CX-3 is nice except for the way they mount the LCD screen
It's an invitation for theft.
It sits up on the dash, and looks like some left a phone or tablet on the dash.
Someone walking by will see that, break a window to grab it,
only to find that it's attached, so they will run off with nothing, after doing a lot of damage to the car.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The CX-3 is nice except for the way they mount the LCD screen
It's an invitation for theft.
It sits up on the dash, and looks like some left a phone or tablet on the dash.
Someone walking by will see that, break a window to grab it,
only to find that it's attached, so they will run off with nothing, after doing a lot of damage to the car.
The ecosport has its screen planted on top of the dash as well. I blame Benz for starting that stupidity. Plus, if you live in or visit that kinda neighborhood, a brand new car may not be the best idea lol

OP
V
Thread Starter #11
The ecosport has its screen planted on top of the dash as well. I blame Benz for starting that stupidity. Plus, if you live in or visit that kinda neighborhood, a brand new car may not be the best idea lol

You are right. Fords looks like it's glued on, and the Mazda looks like it sitting on the dash.
It's not just parking in a bad neighborhood,
its almost Like having a sign that says "Steal Me" that would even tempt an altar boy in the church parking lot on Easter Sunday

18B515_Gallery_02_1250b.jpg
mazda-3-2015-interior-wallpaper-4b.jpg

I'm sure we'll see some similarities between this and the next fiesta, kinda like how the focus and escape are similar. The screen looks like an afterthought just like mazda's and mercedes' does

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
All I'm seeing is AWD 2.0l swap in the new Fiesta.

Some Guy On The Internet