Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Repeat codes, need some help, rather frustrating

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So after our lovely polar vortex ive been getting repeat codes that have not gone away no matter what simple trick or checking everything again.

P0442 small evap leak
P219A afr imbalance between cylinders

2016 fiesta ST, 80,000 miles

3rd set of stock heat range plugs
Car has a stage 3 cobb 91 tune.
Tank has 93 octane in it from the same station i always use
Cpe intake and whoosh intake adapter
Cpe cold side charge pipe with hks bov
Map intercooler
Mountune RMM
Stock cat
Cpe catback

Ive replaced the intake adapter finding a cracked line. And cleared codes. Have tried different stations and 91 no ethanol.

Im confused as to whats going on[bawling][bawling][bawling]

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
The p0445 code is probably your evap purge line. There's a few videos on YouTube on how to fix this. The p219a could actually be caused by p0445 so fix that before you do anything else.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also I should add, do not top off your tank. When it clicks its done. When you top off your tank you flood the evap system located in the tank and it essentially shorts the sensor. That sensor also has an influence on how the car idles, I know because I've had this issue too and I never top off. Its tempermental.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Ok, i havent over filled it in a long time. So is this just a cheap part problem?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I'm not sure. I'm sure people have the right answer on this forum but as for me my opinion is why would take electrical components and stuff them in the tank. And even then, why would you make the tolerance so low that if you even fill it properly it floods. To me it seems like a bad design.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Yeah that does seem silly. Ill look for cracks or leaks on that purge line under the hood. I wouldnt be suprised if 80k of heat cycles and then -55 degree temps did it in somehow.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
You up north? Lol y'all have been getting some pretty bitter cold. I'm in virginia.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I vote on replacing that evap. line...its getting to that point also you could replace both O2 sensors as they tend to get dirty overtime and slow to respond. Clear codes and go from there.....[party]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Allright ill put that on the list as well. May as well pick up a used catless DP and go for it, lol. And yeah, wisconsin has had wild AF weather. And my car is my daily.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Well, id recommend against changing multiple parts until you figure out why its throwing codes. You could cause another issue. I get that you might as well "while you in there" but at least make sure you fix it before you go adding anything else. Especially since you want a catless. That's gonna throw a code if you dont have a cel defender.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just remember...with a catless car you will have to get an o2 trickery sensor or have a tuner make adjustments for it being wide open. Might loose some back pressure also......[shhh]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Yup. I get that ill need a defouler. I had a thought that maybe the cat was slowly starting to die. And this is an early symptom before i went to bed last night. I remember a friends focus having a clogged cat and it pushed exhaust gas back through a bunch of weird places.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Just remember...with a catless car you will have to get an o2 trickery sensor or have a tuner make adjustments for it being wide open. Might loose some back pressure also......[shhh]
I have a cat less DP, and all it needs is a short standoff in which the sensor sits to not throw a code/light.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Got the evap harness ordered. As well as a roll of gold reflective heat tape. Im going to try wrapping the evap line ln the tape to maybe help mitigate heat stress on that plastic. Im wondering if the constant temp changes have something to do with failures.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got the evap harness ordered. As well as a roll of gold reflective heat tape. Im going to try wrapping the evap line ln the tape to maybe help mitigate heat stress on that plastic. Im wondering if the constant temp changes have something to do with failures.
Nope....just age and heat.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
And they are all back. Im really agitiated by the fact that my 3 year old car is having more problems than the 18 year old focus i owned prior. This is the last ford im ever owning.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Possible evap purge solenoid will set this code also.....food for thought. Also there could be an issue due to the Temp outside...never mind stock plugs ....My apologies.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
My plugs are stock heat range. Today it happened when i rev matched at 40 to third so i can get up to 60 mph without too much strain on the engine. And if this car is suddenly going to be super sensitive to temperature its lived in for 3 years... Its kind of a piece of junk. I only got a newer car because my old one was nickel and diming me to death. And im back in the same boat it seems.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I can. Im doubtful its the tune though. It would be odd that my car suddenly hates the cobb tune its been on the last year and a half.